What is a Good White Elephant Gift?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

What is a Good White Elephant Gift?

Post by HappyDaze »

My department is going out for Christmas lunch on Dec. 8 (I would rather not but I have to) and we all have to bring a "white elephant" gift - price limit $20 (I would rather not but I have to). I didn't even know what white elephant means - had to google - sheesh, it depends on who you ask. :roll:

What is a good gift for this? I'm thinking about a multi pack of hot sauces - the kind that come in those little wooden boxes - 6 or 8 bottles of different kinds.

Other ideas?
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Re: What is a Good White Elephant Gift?

Post by Jackielou »

How about a box of rubs, or one of jams, or one of different flavoured honey (those are hard to find).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I think the hot sauces would be fine. A lot of people like those.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:47 pm My department is going out for Christmas lunch on Dec. 8 (I would rather not but I have to) and we all have to bring a "white elephant" gift - price limit $20 (I would rather not but I have to). I didn't even know what white elephant means - had to google - sheesh, it depends on who you ask. :roll:

What is a good gift for this? I'm thinking about a multi pack of hot sauces - the kind that come in those little wooden boxes - 6 or 8 bottles of different kinds.

Other ideas?
Some members of my family like to find the most ridiculous things. There was an old nativity set that my cousin's husband altered all the figures to have 1970's Elvis-style beards. A rubber chicken made the rounds. I once got a very old set of Harvard Graphics books and install disks.

But hot sauces would be good.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

A nice candle. A box of good chocolates.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Get one of those page-a-day block desk calendars with a goofy topic.

Checking Amazon there is Shakespearean Insults , 365 of the stupidest things ever said, Animals being derps, Dog shaming, jokes

They seem to run $13-18.

White elephant gifts should be goofy or useless, or both lol
I think I once saw a candle that smelled like burned tires
ohjodi