Daily Check-in November 27, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in November 27, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

We're expecting rain today but it doesn't look like it's going to be a heavy rain which is good. A look at the long range forecast sees the word "snow" in it starting as or changing to rain but I suppose it's that time of year. They have already removed the speed bumps to make it easier for plowing. Funny thing is that I've already found myself slowing down and putting the brake on before I reach the marking LOL.

Today I want to convert my December meal plan to weightwatchers points. I also am swatching out some colored pencils and I have one more tray to go that I would like to complete. I also want to do some more work on my coloring page and perhaps pick out some more colors for some of the items.

I also need to do a rough estimate of what my taxes for 2023 will be as one of the banks here is offering a 13 month CD at 4.50%. I HAVE to do it. After barely earning $30 a year for the last 10 years or more, I can't sit back and be happy about it.

I'm halfway through my exercising which is a good thing. The Sunday paper should be on line soon so I will take a quick look through that.

For tonight's meal I will be finishing up my leftover turkey with some veggies on the side.

Well that's it for now. Have a great day all.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in November 27, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Restless sleep last night, and now not feeling tip top either. I know there is lots going around so I am keeping a careful eye on any symptoms.

This could be the last day of above seasonal temperatures. Then they fall and supposedly fall well below the seasonal average. Not at all looking forward to that.

I am a bit upset. There was a craft show I always go to this weekend not this time though. That is because they raised the entrance fee from $2.00 to $10.00. Now I don't know what the tables cost the vendors, but from pictures taken at the event, it looked very much smaller than other years. Yes, I know that this is the main event for the Kinettes here in my city to raise money for their charity efforts, but could they not have thought ahead to realize that by raising their prices 5-fold, people just might not attend. I really enjoyed looking at all the new craft ideas.

Today there is really only two things I have to do and that is make up the household task list for next week and write a couple of letters to go in cards for Christmas. Other than that, a free day to work on projects again. Or perhaps if I feel better, I can get some of the shopping done for the week. I go back and forth on this one.

Project wise I would like to get more accomplished on the rug, and perhaps some of the trim between the blocks on the quilt pinned and ready to sew in the coming days. Since I am up relatively early some pinning could be taking place shortly (getting done what I can before Mass).

A lovely and fairly lazy day at home.

Supper tonight is going to be roast pork, roasted potatoes and roasted carrots. Still haven't made the salad so will do that up as well since I don't have to be up and down stirring or seasoning things for our meal today.

Today I am grateful that all the weekly tasks were actually completed this week. No carry over at all.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:15 am Good morning all.

We're expecting rain today but it doesn't look like it's going to be a heavy rain which is good. A look at the long range forecast sees the word "snow" in it starting as or changing to rain but I suppose it's that time of year. They have already removed the speed bumps to make it easier for plowing. Funny thing is that I've already found myself slowing down and putting the brake on before I reach the marking LOL.

Today I want to convert my December meal plan to weightwatchers points. I also am swatching out some colored pencils and I have one more tray to go that I would like to complete. I also want to do some more work on my coloring page and perhaps pick out some more colors for some of the items.

I also need to do a rough estimate of what my taxes for 2023 will be as one of the banks here is offering a 13 month CD at 4.50%. I HAVE to do it. After barely earning $30 a year for the last 10 years or more, I can't sit back and be happy about it.

I'm halfway through my exercising which is a good thing. The Sunday paper should be on line soon so I will take a quick look through that.

For tonight's meal I will be finishing up my leftover turkey with some veggies on the side.

Well that's it for now. Have a great day all.
I’m also happy that the CD rates are finally decent. My bank has a 3-year CD with the first year at 5% and the second and third years at 3.5%. I had several CDs due so it worked out and I even “broke” an older CD earning 1% and paid the penalty to get this better rate.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Sheila, I hope that you are feeling better.

I slept well and feel refreshed. It is another warm day here but we will have a couple of cooler days starting tomorrow.

Today I’ll decorate my tree. I still have some decor to put out over the next few days. I finished my puzzle and plan to start a new one with an unusual number of pieces, 636. This is one of two Christmas puzzles I ordered last year but did not receive until after Christmas.

Have a good day.

P.S. MJ, if you are reading this, please check in. I miss your posts.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Beautiful sunny morning. Supposed to be 72. I need the sun.

Not feeling very festive. I hate this. I want to be happy and carefree all the time. Is that too much to ask for?

I’m having coffee so maybe that will perk me up. I need to sweep and dust this fur palace.

Hope all have a great day.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:23 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

Restless sleep last night, and now not feeling tip top either. I know there is lots going around so I am keeping a careful eye on any symptoms.

This could be the last day of above seasonal temperatures. Then they fall and supposedly fall well below the seasonal average. Not at all looking forward to that.

I am a bit upset. There was a craft show I always go to this weekend not this time though. That is because they raised the entrance fee from $2.00 to $10.00. Now I don't know what the tables cost the vendors, but from pictures taken at the event, it looked very much smaller than other years. Yes, I know that this is the main event for the Kinettes here in my city to raise money for their charity efforts, but could they not have thought ahead to realize that by raising their prices 5-fold, people just might not attend. I really enjoyed looking at all the new craft ideas.

Today there is really only two things I have to do and that is make up the household task list for next week and write a couple of letters to go in cards for Christmas. Other than that, a free day to work on projects again. Or perhaps if I feel better, I can get some of the shopping done for the week. I go back and forth on this one.

Project wise I would like to get more accomplished on the rug, and perhaps some of the trim between the blocks on the quilt pinned and ready to sew in the coming days. Since I am up relatively early some pinning could be taking place shortly (getting done what I can before Mass).

A lovely and fairly lazy day at home.

Supper tonight is going to be roast pork, roasted potatoes and roasted carrots. Still haven't made the salad so will do that up as well since I don't have to be up and down stirring or seasoning things for our meal today.

Today I am grateful that all the weekly tasks were actually completed this week. No carry over at all.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie..I think they make a huge mistake when they raise an entrance fee like that. They lose so many people.