Daily Check-in November 27, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in November 27, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:01 pm HappyDaze, I was afraid the kids might catch whatever you have since it hit you like a train. Neither of them has asthma, though, right? That's the worrisome thing with a respiratory illness.

JCKitty, we do have an Aldi, but DH is such a particular eater that we shop there only on trips when we don't need anything for him. Their chili beans are good! He liked the somewhat oniony chili I made for him. I think onions improve most things. :-D

I cannot get over how much stuff is going up in price sitting on the shelves. Sunkist makes a powdered lemon-lime drink mix that used to be 99 cents for a box with eight tubes in it. Each tube goes in 16 ounces of water. I have never seen anyone buy this stuff except me, once in a blue moon. (It's not very sweet and is kind of bland.) It jumped in price up to $1.09, then $1.29 and this week was $1.59. I wish I'd put a tiny pencil mark on the outward facing box on the shelf to see if it is actually the same box sitting there.
They don't have asthma. They didn't get flu shots either and I did - so hopefully they won't get it worse. I am hoping to be more on the mend before her SO gets sick - so at least one of us can be healthy enough to do the bare minimum for the animals and keep us all going.

DD is pushing her hippie organics on me - oregano oil in water, elderberry capsules - yuck to the first one and I can only swallow the smallest of pills.

I do feel as though I have turned a corner - more sneezing and more productive cough - although I may have bruised a rib - ouch! Definitely calling my boss in the morning to report myself out sick.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Happy Daze, Elderberry is filled with antioxidants and vitamins. Believe me, absolutely nothing hippy-ish about it. Even doctors recommend it for helping flu symptoms. Maybe it would help you if you got elderbery syrup. I take vitamins that include it.

Jackie, I don't recall seeing a craft fair that charged any time in recent history. I certain would not pay to see one, although I lvoe them.

Enjoyed a visit and some chinese food with my brother and sister in law yesterday. We chatted and watched some football (both kinds) and went through some memorabilia.

Today I took my son to breakfast and he chatted one on one and he shared what all is going on with him and so on, Away from his roommate (my sister) so I could get a clear picture. This afternoon we put up his tree and got the lights on and at least brought out the village pieces and the nornaments although they will probably not happen to day. I packed up some pottery and glass left here to take home, along with a few storage containers I left here. There are also some books but I don't have any bags to pack them in so they just might stay until next visit.

Tomorrow I will spend some time in themorning with son and then leave around noon and he will head for his very last community service. He'll be going out and having his first real drink he says when that is over, but he won't be driving while drinking again. he has just a few friends here but both they and his job have been very supportive of him during this time.

I could stay longer but I am ready to head home and they will be working. I will make a trip again in the spring.

I'm ready to return to church activities, set up my apartment for Chrismtas, and so on,
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Quilter51 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:59 pm Happy Daze, Elderberry is filled with antioxidants and vitamins. Believe me, absolutely nothing hippy-ish about it. Even doctors recommend it for helping flu symptoms. Maybe it would help you if you got elderbery syrup. I take vitamins that include it.

Jackie, I don't recall seeing a craft fair that charged any time in recent history. I certain would not pay to see one, although I lvoe them.

Enjoyed a visit and some chinese food with my brother and sister in law yesterday. We chatted and watched some football (both kinds) and went through some memorabilia.

Today I took my son to breakfast and he chatted one on one and he shared what all is going on with him and so on, Away from his roommate (my sister) so I could get a clear picture. This afternoon we put up his tree and got the lights on and at least brought out the village pieces and the nornaments although they will probably not happen to day. I packed up some pottery and glass left here to take home, along with a few storage containers I left here. There are also some books but I don't have any bags to pack them in so they just might stay until next visit.

Tomorrow I will spend some time in themorning with son and then leave around noon and he will head for his very last community service. He'll be going out and having his first real drink he says when that is over, but he won't be driving while drinking again. he has just a few friends here but both they and his job have been very supportive of him during this time.

I could stay longer but I am ready to head home and they will be working. I will make a trip again in the spring.

I'm ready to return to church activities, set up my apartment for Chrismtas, and so on,
This one has always charged, but this year no way am I paying that much. It went from $1.00 to $2.00, but to jump from that to $10.00 was crazy.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Sheila, I have to second what Quilter said....Elderberry is very good for illnesses.
My grandma's on both sides used to make elderberry cordials and they are very good for you.
Regardless, I hope you are feeling better and your housemates don't get it.
Unfortunately, in my family it usually starts with the littles and then spreads slowly to the rest of us.
I feel for you I really do....
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Not as much accomplished today as I had hoped but plugging away to get a bit more done. I am thinking that instead of knitting tonight I will finish off the second stripe on the rug and perhaps get a bit of a third done.

I did not get any work done on the quilt. Probably because I decided to go shopping after Mass. Now that was kind of a disaster. Firstly, they did not have all their advertised specials meaning another trip before the sale ends (have I mentioned I only like shopping every second week) and the card readers for paying were down in my favourite grocery store. I had to leave my cart and drive to get cash out of the bank. Problem with that is I had no idea how much to take out.

I trip that should only have taken an hour ended up being two hours and a great deal of frustration for me.

Supper is cooking in the oven (so happy that is working once again) and after I finish this post, I will set the table and set out our supplements that we need to take with a meal.

Off to continue with what needs to be done.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Quilter51 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:59 pm Happy Daze, Elderberry is filled with antioxidants and vitamins. Believe me, absolutely nothing hippy-ish about it. Even doctors recommend it for helping flu symptoms. Maybe it would help you if you got elderbery syrup. I take vitamins that include it.

Quilter, brilliant minds - DD is sending her SO for elderberry syrup in the morning. He was going to go tonight but he has got caught in a freezing cold downpour with a slow moving beagle and I said "nothing doing" - told him go get warm and dry and I'll "keep" till morning, lol.

It sounds like you have had a good visit with family. For what my opinion is worth, I am very proud of your son. Safe travels.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz