Daily Check-in November 27, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-in November 27, 2022

Post by ChristmasTrees »

My two granddaughters..their two dogs..and I had a pajama party last night. So much fun. I am hanging on to these times for as long as possible. Oldest DGD is off to college next Fall.
Decorating today!!!!!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, all. It was a rough night. Lucy dog decided to do her middle of the night barking and begging for treats. I did not feel good at all and ended up calling DD who ended up taking Lucy into her part of the house for awhile.

I have had both dogs out this morning. I put Hope on the run and just stayed out with her - she did very well. They are snuggled up in bed with me, sound asleep - so cute, so sweet.

I need to make a grocery list for DD - they are going to the store later. I just can't think what I want/need right now - nothing sounds very good.

The jury is out as to whether I will go to work tomorrow or not - I feel a lot better - just not completely better - continuing to test negative for "you know what" but we are supposed to stay home when we are sick - so I am sure I will.

I have my bedroom window open and am enjoying the sound of the chimes/bells coming from one of the local churches - one of the first things I appreciated after I moved here. Have a lovely Sunday, friends.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I kept waking up during the night, so am moving slowly this morning.

I am thinking of making small gnomes right now I am trying to figure out what I can use for noses. I have every thing else. I don’t want to order 1,000 of something when I might only need 10. My latest thought is simply a French Knot. For that I don’t need to buy anything. I have everything else. I think I have enough red felt. Though some hats could be other colors.

My grandson texted me that he is running a fever. So I won’t see him today after all.

I am going to get busy trying to work on designing the gnomes. I have a pattern. But I may make some changes so I can sew on the machine.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:50 am My two granddaughters..their two dogs..and I had a pajama party last night. So much fun. I am hanging on to these times for as long as possible. Oldest DGD is off to college next Fall.
Decorating today!!!!!
Omg! That does sound like so much fun!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, they could have kept the entrance price low and set up a coffee and hot chocolate bar to make extra money. People will not pay $10 to get in the door.

Happy Daze, stay home tomorrow so you won't relapse, hon.

I had unsettled sleep because Dora Kitty and Lily Dog were both on the bed on my side. Dora is now a big cat and she walks on me to get where she wants to go. It was sweet that she wanted to be with me as she is not a naturally cuddly cat, but it was a long night.

DH and I need to go to Food Lion to pick up a few groceries today. I am planning to make chili and cheddar-herb muffins for supper.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Well we go the predicted rain over night, and it continues to come down lightly.
The few Sunday morning chores are done and just watching a movie. I need to be at the DD's for "hair doing"
We were supposed to do it last evening but everyone was too tired.
Because it is so overcast it will be an inside day. I will get my errands list made and to-do list made for next week.
I hope the week is mellow and hopefully the rapair guy can get here for the hole in the garage roof because it does leak!
I think I will plan some soups for the week, the weather seems to call for soup.
JCKitty