Daily Check In November 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In November 28, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:23 pm What a great score, Mackie, enjoy your new lipstick!! I need to pay better attention to my Walgreens cash and see what kind of prize I might be able to get - thanks for the reminder.
I checked online to see what kind of deals there were before deploying the Walgreens dollars. I was down to one lipstick and it's several years old. This new one is made by a company called No7, which is Boots in England, and I am impressed. The color is Berry Bliss and it's so pretty!
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Forcing myself to stay awake till 9:30 so I can get another dose of medicine in. I have slept for maybe 8 hours since Thursday.

I am hoping to decorate for Christmas next weekend. :-)
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The wind is still howling, and the snow that has fallen (still falling lightly) is blowing around like crazy.

My friend called and asked if I could come over for coffee. I drove over as I wanted to check the grocery store to see if the items, I could not get yesterday were in. Most were so pretty much set other than Christmas supper.

I am still in arm and neck pain, but I did manage to get all the household tasks completed and one complete quilt strip to see if it is big enough to cover the bed. It is so that means I won't need to make more 9-patch blocks. I have pinned and squared off the blocks and hopefully tomorrow I will just whiz through those pinned and pin the remainder to be done the day after. Then it will be giving the flimsy a border and a final ironing before sandwiching.

Right now, I am having a bit of pain lifting my arm, so I am going to be taking it easy and having a nice hot soak in the bath. Hopefully the strain I am feeling is not going to get worse.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:31 pm Update

The wind is still howling, and the snow that has fallen (still falling lightly) is blowing around like crazy.

My friend called and asked if I could come over for coffee. I drove over as I wanted to check the grocery store to see if the items, I could not get yesterday were in. Most were so pretty much set other than Christmas supper.

I am still in arm and neck pain, but I did manage to get all the household tasks completed and one complete quilt strip to see if it is big enough to cover the bed. It is so that means I won't need to make more 9-patch blocks. I have pinned and squared off the blocks and hopefully tomorrow I will just whiz through those pinned and pin the remainder to be done the day after. Then it will be giving the flimsy a border and a final ironing before sandwiching.

Right now, I am having a bit of pain lifting my arm, so I am going to be taking it easy and having a nice hot soak in the bath. Hopefully the strain I am feeling is not going to get worse.
Jackie, I hope you get some relief from the pain in your arm and a good night's sleep and it feels better tomorrow. You sure do fit a lot into a day!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Update

Staying at a Super8. Probably never will again but already paid. Clean enough but handicapped room has a regular tub and it nit warm enough for me and no breakfast.

Okay for a fifty buck room but not 77.

Getting subway then will try for a shower of some sort and probably stay in bed except for potty times. I have no toothpaste and this isn't the kind of place that has it so will be creative tonight and hit a drug store next town in the morning.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I took a nap late afternoon, just all of the sudden I thought "I'm done, need a nap" . I actually fell asleep so obviously it was needed.

Had a big salad for supper. last of the chicken and some bacon bits on it, hit the spot.
Tomorrow I will cook, a roast, peach pie and broccoli salad to start with. Thinking either mac and cheese or scalloped potatoes.
Laundry dried around the woodstove, it is folded and put away.
The pricy store had pears for a good price, I bought 3 of different varieties, had one this afternoon. So good and perfectly ripe. I picked the other two in different stages of ripeness hoping for one a day for 3 days. I love a good pear.
Going to watch some TV and call it a night.
JCKitty