Daily Check In November 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In November 28, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, I hope your arm is better soon. Quilter, I hope the evening is at least restful.

Sheila, I hope we both sleep tonight. I am going to take some extra-strength Tylenol for my knees in just a bit and Lily Dog will have to sleep with her little sister Goldie tonight. How a 22-lb. dog can take up half of a king-size bed is a mystery. I will confess to spoiling Lily with attention lately because she's not well, but it won't hurt anything except her feelings to make her sleep in the big dog bed with her best buddy.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:24 pm Jackie, I hope your arm is better soon. Quilter, I hope the evening is at least restful.

Sheila, I hope we both sleep tonight. I am going to take some extra-strength Tylenol for my knees in just a bit and Lily Dog will have to sleep with her little sister Goldie tonight. How a 22-lb. dog can take up half of a king-size bed is a mystery. I will confess to spoiling Lily with attention lately because she's not well, but it won't hurt anything except her feelings to make her sleep in the big dog bed with her best buddy.
Mackie, you deserve that good night's sleep and Lily will be fine. I am lucky that my dogs consistently sleep in the same place - Hope along the bottom of the bed and Lucy on the side I don't use - with her own pillow and blanket.

I would still prefer they stay on the floor on their dog beds but they're not having it.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:57 pm Update

Staying at a Super8. Probably never will again but already paid. Clean enough but handicapped room has a regular tub and it nit warm enough for me and no breakfast.

Okay for a fifty buck room but not 77.

Getting subway then will try for a shower of some sort and probably stay in bed except for potty times. I have no toothpaste and this isn't the kind of place that has it so will be creative tonight and hit a drug store next town in the morning.
I give you credit for making that long drive both ways on your own. I used to do it (DC to Florida) but not sure I could do it now.

Hotels have gotten SO expensive since the pandemic.

Safe travels.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Sheila, I’m glad that you got some meds and will stay home a few more days.

I overdid it today at mom’s house. I trimmed the schefflera by standing on the stepstool and did a good job. Trimmed the hedge (not much) and then picked up and raked a lot of branch debris in the side yard. I did the neighbor’s area, too, because he just had a knee replacement. Finally I cut some tall parts of the “spiky palm” that was starting to block the bathroom window. Lots of bending and reaching and I really feel it tonight. I just took a Tylenol PM.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:09 pm Well, I don't have the flu and need an antibiotic. I had to ask the doctor to prescribe the liquid form because I can't swallow the pills. He took me off work until Thursday - UGH, it's going to be a nightmare trying to catch up.

My prescription won't be ready till 2:00 - going to try to get a nap. Mackie, I was up with ya last night.
Listen to your Dr. and stay home til at least Thursday. You want to get over this entirely so you can enjoy the holidays.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:31 pm Update

The wind is still howling, and the snow that has fallen (still falling lightly) is blowing around like crazy.

My friend called and asked if I could come over for coffee. I drove over as I wanted to check the grocery store to see if the items, I could not get yesterday were in. Most were so pretty much set other than Christmas supper.

I am still in arm and neck pain, but I did manage to get all the household tasks completed and one complete quilt strip to see if it is big enough to cover the bed. It is so that means I won't need to make more 9-patch blocks. I have pinned and squared off the blocks and hopefully tomorrow I will just whiz through those pinned and pin the remainder to be done the day after. Then it will be giving the flimsy a border and a final ironing before sandwiching.

Right now, I am having a bit of pain lifting my arm, so I am going to be taking it easy and having a nice hot soak in the bath. Hopefully the strain I am feeling is not going to get worse.
Sorry you are hurting Jackie.