Daily Check In November 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In November 28, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Quilter51 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:25 am Unsure if I mentioned yesterday that for those who don't check their mail regularly, you should have an Email saying what your new SS is starting this month. While I know the right answer for many is to save it, I am going to use mine for some needed items and for sale stock ups for part and then put the rest in a dedicated sinking fund for furniture for my apartment that is more broken knee friendly (my daughter will buy it through her card at Nebraska furniture for those who are familiar, and then I will pay her since she has an account there)

Today I am heading out but decided to start slowly and will only drive about four and a half to five hours. This makes a larger driving time tomorrow, but I wanted part of the morning to viisit with my son and I am picking up something from my brother and I really cannot do that until almost noon here. I will be staying in beautiful (literally sometimes) Clayton New mexico.

I really wish I knew how to tak into my phone or somehow take notes when I am driving, lol. I drive large periods of time with no music and my brain in drive as I avoid the view but then when I get to a rest stop I forget to right down my great ide or whatever it was.

When I get back I will be jumping into routine. Wednesday will be church to catch up, Thursday I ahve a lunch date, and Friday I have a needle aspiration of my thyroid, and then maybe going to my town square for the tree lighting. Plus groceries so I can eat, and laundry and decorating!
Can you use the voice assistant to open up some sort of notes application and dictate to it? (trying to get my Andriod to boot to look at it. )
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Ok Shelia, so you are getting treated, good. Take care.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,
Quiet day for me today.

Yesterday we got our ducks in a row about the extended family Christmas party. I have 3 chapters left in my certification prep book.

I think I am going to skip the support group meeting tonight. The topic will be surviving the Holidays alone. I don't feel I need it any more. I have plenty of family around. And it is cold, cloudy. and about a 30 minute drive.

I think I got most of the main gifts purchased. So now it is a little filling in and wrapping. Yuck.

Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:09 pm Well, I don't have the flu and need an antibiotic. I had to ask the doctor to prescribe the liquid form because I can't swallow the pills. He took me off work until Thursday - UGH, it's going to be a nightmare trying to catch up.

My prescription won't be ready till 2:00 - going to try to get a nap. Mackie, I was up with ya last night.
On the road to recovery!
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Sheila, I am glad you got looked at and a script.....here's to feeling better soon !

I went to town and ran errands and bargain grocery shopped this AM, I feel like it took me forever. I took my time in Aldi's because it wasn't crowded and I was looking for markdowns. I found some and scooped some up!
Found some bacon for 2.99 # and croissants for 50% off. Arm roast for 3.99#
I think I have said before how much I love donuts and pastries....at the pricy store they are 1.20 each. At the smaller Kroger store called Rulers they had fresh made glazed donuts for 3.99 per dozen! Yes please and that was my lunch. A glazed donut and big glass of water. So good.

I have everything sorted and put away, load of laundry going and most house chores done. But I am tired already so this afternoon will be completing my list and that's it!
Will be making a roast for tomorrow and there will be veggie beef soup at some point this week.
I want to try making that King ranch chicken casserole but need to discuss it with the girls to see if they think family will eat it. I think it sounds wonderful but we do have some picky eaters.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Oh wow King Ranch chicken casserole! Love it!

I first had it when I was going to uni at Texas A&I Kingsville Tx!

Yes home of one of the biggest ranches in the world.

We went to a little restaurant down on the coast and they had it on their menu. Sibling ordered it. Nothing like we were used to. Too orange. The one we would have was creamy and light. This one looked like darn enchiladas.