Daily Check In November 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November 28, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee back in a little bit.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 28, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is pretty darn windy out; I hear the roof vent madly turning. Not too cold as of yet but I know it is coming as my poor body is a bit achy this morning and the fingers just do not want to work correctly. I hope all comes together to get my household task list completed.

Tasks for today include a couple of items from yesterday that did not get completed (dang shopping trip), dusting, laundry, vacuuming, mopping floors, deep cleaning the kitchen sinks and counters, deep cleaning the bathroom, baking bread, and a couple of lists for next month. There is more, but not a great deal more that I have written down. Some tasks will take a bit of time, others will allow me to do a few others while getting that task completed. I am hoping to get most done by this morning or early afternoon.

Since my neck and shoulder are causing problems still today, I think that today will be a sewing and cutting out pattern day. It may even be a bit of a clear up some of the floor space beside the chair day as well as in the dining room by what I consider the office area. Hoping to get about 1/2 the flimsy done this afternoon and a couple of patterns pinned and cut out to sew.

I may even work on getting our Christmas cards out, or at least signed and addressed ready to mail tomorrow (one of the items from yesterday was the letter to go inside at least one).

Supper tonight is going to be Stuffed Chicken, the remainder of the roasted potatoes from last night fried, and the leftover salad from last night.

I am off and running now, hopefully will be able to check back in later.

Today I am grateful that I got as many walks as possible in the fresh last week because I think that just might be finished until the spring.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Just glanced out the window after doing a few tasks on my list. Well actually just opened the drapes as it seemed to be getting lighter out. What should I see? Well snow and blowing snow. I can just make out a few shapes across the smaller part of the valley below us. It is not going to be a very nice day at all.
Jackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’m home from Aldi. I got there right about 9 and it was already pretty crowded. Maybe they open earlier than 9. I went mostly for the red grapes ($1.29/pound) but also bought apples, 2 soy milk ($1 cheaper than Publix store brand and dated enough ahead) and bran flakes. Aldi bran flakes are $2.49 for 18 oz. Publix are $2.40 but only 17.3 oz. Sneaky. That should be it for groceries in November and I’m again under $200. Not planned but total is $199.62. That EXCLUDES the Hefty bags (household) and a potted mum (gifts) I bought for friend who had shoulder surgery.

Later I plan to go to mom’s house and do something.

I’ve entered the December items in my checkbook. Most are automatic deductions except my HOA payment. (I was certainly thankful I had my regular bills, especially my Medicare supplement and Part B, on autopay this summer when I was hospitalized.) My Medicare Part B is autopay on the 20th but I enter it at the beginning of the month. I remembered the pleasant surprise that the Medicare Part B has decreased to $164.90.

Have a good day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have a dress wash in the washer, just one load today.

The dishwasher is almost full, I just need to load my breakfast dishes and set it off.

I want to make a gnome prototype. Then depending on how it goes make more. If I don’t like it I will try another design.

My hands right now will not let me knit comfortably enough to make presents. So I am not even trying this year. There will be select knit tinies. But not for everyone.

Penny
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Morning friends. Up at 8 after sleeping just a few minutes here and there last night. Called the doctor, called work, called the car place to reschedule my tire appointment - in that order. Leaving for the doctor in a few minutes. In some ways I am feeling better, in other ways worse.

Rainy and cold - I see that DD's SO put my trash out with theirs - I would have forgotten - or rather I did forget. Looking forward to getting back home and into my nice warm bed.

Thanks for being so tolerant of my frequent checking in yesterday - I was so bored - I am not one who can just do nothing - and when nothing is all I can do, I get extremely restless.

Wishing everyone a good day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz