Daily Check In November 28, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In November 28, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Shelia, I am so glad you saw the doctor and got some medication.

Sounds like lots of us did excellent bargain stalking at the grocery today. After I hung the laundry out to dry and did a little work in the yard, I went to the little Walgreens to get the second half of my thyroid meds filled, then went up the road to the big Walgreens and used my accumulated Walgreens cash on a clearance lipstick. The big Walgreens has a huge cosmetics section but I don't like to go there much because there's illegal drug activity in the parking lot.

Today I bounded right in and right back out with my prize, though. :-D
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I managed a couple hours of sleep and hit Walgreens for my prescription. It did feel good to be up and showered and dressed today but it also wore me out - hoping to get some sleep tonight.

DD's SO has taken both my dogs around the block which I appreciate so much - I have told him repeated thank yous and that is the number one best thing he can do for ME is to make sure my girls get out for a walk.

He says DD has been "up and down" all day, and I could hear her coughing during the night. She is smart and pushing fluids and resting all she can. As soon as she shows her face, I'm going to see if she wants me to try to get her an appointment with my doctor. We have been texting each other but can go a couple hours without replies because we are napping or whatever.

Today I am thankful for so much - that I am not alone while I'm sick, that I feel somewhat better, for my safe and cozy home, for a boss who offers to bring me soup and Gatorade.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:56 pm Shelia, I am so glad you saw the doctor and got some medication.

Sounds like lots of us did excellent bargain stalking at the grocery today. After I hung the laundry out to dry and did a little work in the yard, I went to the little Walgreens to get the second half of my thyroid meds filled, then went up the road to the big Walgreens and used my accumulated Walgreens cash on a clearance lipstick. The big Walgreens has a huge cosmetics section but I don't like to go there much because there's illegal drug activity in the parking lot.

Today I bounded right in and right back out with my prize, though. :-D
What a great score, Mackie, enjoy your new lipstick!! I need to pay better attention to my Walgreens cash and see what kind of prize I might be able to get - thanks for the reminder.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:57 pm On the road to recovery!
Oh I truly hope so, Clem. While my doctor ruled out pneumonia and bronchitis, and "the virus that shall not be named", it may as well be all three for how rotten I have felt. Of course I am a big baby though - I am the WORST sick person.

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:10 pm Ok Shelia, so you are getting treated, good. Take care.
Thanks so much, Maggie. Enjoy your cozy night at home.

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

casadekitty wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:03 pm Hello all,
Sheila, I am glad you got looked at and a script.....here's to feeling better soon !

I went to town and ran errands and bargain grocery shopped this AM, I feel like it took me forever. I took my time in Aldi's because it wasn't crowded and I was looking for markdowns. I found some and scooped some up!
Found some bacon for 2.99 # and croissants for 50% off. Arm roast for 3.99#
I think I have said before how much I love donuts and pastries....at the pricy store they are 1.20 each. At the smaller Kroger store called Rulers they had fresh made glazed donuts for 3.99 per dozen! Yes please and that was my lunch. A glazed donut and big glass of water. So good.

I have everything sorted and put away, load of laundry going and most house chores done. But I am tired already so this afternoon will be completing my list and that's it!
Will be making a roast for tomorrow and there will be veggie beef soup at some point this week.
I want to try making that King ranch chicken casserole but need to discuss it with the girls to see if they think family will eat it. I think it sounds wonderful but we do have some picky eaters.
JCKitty
What a deal on those donuts!! I love them too - I'm kind of a "donut snob" - I won't eat the boxed ones from the grocery section - they have to be from the bakery. Enjoy them!!

Charles M. Schultz