Daily Check In November 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In November 29, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

Home

Clem the weather was lovely for my drive!

Got most things out of the car, the rest can absolutely wait. Did not stop at the store but I have soup and fruit anda single coke for the morning so I am okay.

Tomorrow is an at home day (I may run out to do a quick ten minute throw into my trunk situation that includes a frozen lasagna). I will throw one or maybe two loads of lcothes in the washer and then dry, Get back to my 5000 steps (altitude was killing me), work on rotating christmas for fall, and do my planning for hte month that is behind.

working on my "bucket" list for the holidays: will cook various cookies, get some holiday flavored teas, go drive around and see the lights, and go the the "wassail walk" in the old square of my city. Possible see Beauty and the beast at the local theater. Wouldnt mind finding an affordable chrismtas tea.

Also need to make the projet list, lol.

Florida, I love driving alone. Today was rough because it was a long day since I did not leave Denver until yesteray afternoon and has a short couple of hours yesterday. I rememer when my sister and I drove to Seattle to see family (via arches national park, and Salt Lake City and oregon and Western Washington). She had to take a plane back due to limited time and offered to ay my ticket. When I said no she said "but then you'll have to drive home alone". That was the pint. I had lovely drive through Washington, Idaho, MOntana and Wyoming on my way home.

Off to my soup
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In November 29, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:54 pm

Yesterday, I used the money from my last time babysitting Franki Boi to buy an extra special purchase off of Facebook Marketplace. I've been window shopping there everyday looking for good Christmas presents. WELL! Someone had THREE brand new bottles of Estee Lauder Youth Dew perfume for only $40!! I LOVE that scent! That and Estee Lauder Cinnabar are my two signature fragrances. I jumped on it! It's $75/each per bottle at the drug store that sell Estee Lauder in town. A real STEAL. I asked the woman how she happened to have three brand new bottles. She replied that it was her Mother-in-law's signature fragrance and that her hubby knew how much she loved it and would buy it bulk so she never ran out. Unfortunately, she got sick and died and never got to use these last three bottles. I am carrying on her legacy. What a sweet husband she had to do that!
MJ
When I was younger Estee Lauder's Cinnabar was one of my favorites too, but after a while it became SO overpowering it began giving me headaches so I stopped wearing it.