Daily Check In November 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November 29, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning. Off to get coffee, back really soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 29, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up, rested (well as much as I usually am) and ready to go. I will be waking Hubby up at around 8 this morning so he can be ready to leave by 9:15 for our haircuts. Hopefully we can get in and out the driveway and through the road. There are a few drifts we will need to power through to reach one of the main roads.

My arm, shoulder and neck are still painful. When I pick up my scripts after the haircuts, I think I am going to purchase some rub and grab one of the ice/heat pads out of the freezer to use on the area whenever I can. I think I might be tightening up a bit which just makes matters worse. In order to get all done I really need free and easy usage of my arms.

My task list is not as long as yesterdays, but long enough. To make matters even worse I kind of keep adding to it. Removing tasks from other days and putting them here. I think I just want to get all done so I have more time to work on the Christmas project and start to do other Christmassy things. Today I have on the list to fold the clothing on the lines downstairs, ironing, clean my desk, mending (which I will put off for a bit), order scripts, pick up scripts, sweep floors, clean the drawers in the fridge (extra cleaning for the month), and get our haircuts.

I can then go on to my various Christmas things that I need to get done and should have gotten done a bit ago. Cards are once again going to be late probably, especially those for overseas. Later in the afternoon I will get to sewing and hopefully get three more strips put together on the quilt. No rest for the wicked.

A couple of days ago our youngest DS sent a picture of one of the lettuce he grew. He said it was time to harvest and have a salad. He had a lovely head of romaine lettuce in his hand. Hubby was quite surprised at how well it grew. Youngest is building some kind of set up in his basement (gets a good deal of light down there) so he can perhaps grow a few other things during the winter. He does have a lighting set up as well and plans on perhaps getting a few more. Last time we were there DS had started building the table. It will be interesting the next time we go to visit.

Supper tonight will be some type of casserole made with one of the bags of leftover pork. Served with the remains of the salad and we will be full. Any leftover pork casserole will be frozen to be eaten on another night. Perhaps one where I have gotten too busy to cook or don't feel like cooking.

Today I am grateful for my nice warm house as the wind continues to howl and the snow blow down the street.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

I’m up. Tossed and turned all night. I have a library meeting this morning

Maybe being around people will help me snap out of this blah mood.

Weather is drizzly. But looks like sun is coming out

Gotta get dressed. Have a great day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning to all. Jackie, sorry to hear you are still in pain. The rub and ice/heat may help - and rest.

I managed a 4-ish hour stretch of sleep last night. Was up 6-ish to 7-ish with the dogs, and back to sleep until 9:20. I heard DD check on us at one point - I think she was seeing if the dogs wanted to go out, not knowing I had already had them out.

I also fed the outdoor cats. DD's SO has been doing it but now he is sick too. Just as I hoped, I am starting to come out of it before he is going into the worst of it (DD is somewhere in the middle of it) so we will always have a person who can take the dogs out and feed the outdoor cats.

Having a cup of very strong, very hot coffee. No plans for the day other than trying to continue to recover. I can feel progress - steady but so slow. I might sweep and vacuum my bedroom and kitchen/sitting room. The outside temperature feels moderate for the time of year and there is no sign of rain or snow.

I wish everyone a blessed day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Jackie, is it possible that you have a pinched nerve in your neck? DD2 has one that flares and can be extremely painful. She has to visit the chiropractor when it gets really bad and has exercises to do at home. I can always tell when she slacks off of the exercises. But she is an adult and I can't make her, only gently remind her :?
It is overcast and windy, I really wish the sun would shine. It makes me feel so much better when the sun is out. Temps are supposed to go up today and plunge 30 degrees overnight into tomorrow....yuck!
I have a peach pie in the cooker and a roast started in the crockpot. Thawing bacon as I will be making broccoli salad at some point.
DD1 is bringing me a lemon and a lime tree from the greenhouse. They aren't selling and I said heck yes I would take some. My house already looks like a jungle but can't help myself! I will need to set up a humidity tray for them but that shouldn't be a problem.
I need to contact the repair guy about the garage roof hole, I want time and date for repair because I want to be here when it is being done. I trust them but feel the need to be here.
I had to buy eggs yesterday! I have chickens but they aren't keeping up with "need".
Have some house chores to complete and then the cooking will commence.
JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning.
Sheila..I hope you and your family get well quickly.
Jackie...I hope you can rest that shoulder.
I am treating myself to a deep housecleaning by a friend who cleans. I am so far behind on things here. Totally worth the money.
We still don't have the storm windows up on the porch. DH just was not able. DS will help..he has just been slammed at work. It will happen in the next few days.
DH is MUCH better. He is really good in the mornings..but then has to take a long nap in the afternoon. In bed by 8:00 pm. So..he is getting there.
Have a great day!