Daily Check In November 29, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In November 29, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Sheila, I am sorry the SO is getting sick. Whatever y'all have is ferociously contagious for sure. Hope you all get better without any complications.

Clem, after the year you've had, do you think you might need to go back on the light dose of anti-depressant you took in the past? (((Hugs)))

I slept really well, but laid the groundwork for it with pre-bed Tylenol, some arthritis gel on my knees, and making Lily sleep with the other dogs. Right now I am having coffee and have our old cat in my lap. He is the sweetest, most handsome old fellow.

There's more laundry to do today and I am trying to decide if my knees feel up to standing on a step stool and trimming the bushes outside DS's bedroom window. If it was up to me, they'd be kept much shorter so that I can reach them, but DH likes them tall.

Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day.
Mackie
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good morning beautiful people,

We finished putting up all our Christmas decorations for this year. I am hoping that inspires me to get my Christmas cards finished and posted in the mail. Yesterday I got all the stamps required. I am so far behind in my Christmas preparation this year, it’s not funny. But that medication was really dragging me down and I just had no motivation or focus. Feeling a lot better and this year we decided to just put up one tree. Sometimes less IS more!

I spent the earlier part of the morning finishing putting up the seasonal decor and attempted Wordle and gave it a break. I also did some ironing, including the Christmas table cloth, cushion covers and Christmas ribbons.
The storage tote is stored away under the basement steps so I don’t get tempted to put out more.

Now on to my cards!

Dh and I will probably take a walk around our neighborhood this afternoon as the roads are quite icy. A great day to stay put!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I slept well and my aches and pains from yesterday’s yard work are mostly gone.

This morning I tried the Amazon lockers for the first time. I had an email with a $10 credit for using a locker instead of home delivery. I received a similar $10 email a few months ago but never used it in part because the lockers were not convenient. But now there is a convenient one about 1 1/2 miles away. There is another one even closer but with a bad parking lot. I opened the locker with Bluetooth on my phone. It was easy. Some of the locations do not require a phone with Bluetooth. This $10 credit was a one-time thing, I think, and home delivery is more convenient but this is a good option for anyone concerned about porch stealing. I’ve never had a problem at my house but would use a locker if I ordered something expensive like a new iPad.

They are finishing up work today on my “decorative sidewalk.” I’m not really impressed and see a splotch of white on my outside entry wall that will need to be repainted. Thankfully I can still go in and out my laundry room door.

I’m still finishing up my tree with some final ornaments. This afternoon I’ll turn on the U.S. - Iran match for a bit. England and Wales are also playing today but I’m not sure what time.

I hope that everyone feeling poorly feels better today.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

A little late because I had a few errands to do this morning. I mentioned previously that I had to take care of an Amazon return and switch some funds to a CD.

Jackie, don't push that arm/shoulder too much. I can definitely empathize with you with my recent bouts with the pinched nerve in my neck. Pain is no fun.

Was waiting for an order from Amazon that I thought was coming by their truck, but it was just delivered now.

It's 40 degrees and windy out but I have to go out in a little while to put up the Christmas lights. I found a cute set of which I bought 2. The lights are LED and are C6 and are about an inch and a half long. They run by a battery pack which is much more reliable than solar power for obvious reasons.

Well, gotta run. Want to get out and back in as quickly as I can.

Have a great day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I took my hearing aid in for service. All it needed was updating.

I woke up far too early this morning. 4:45 am much too early. My alarm was set for 6. I couldn't fall asleep so I ended up getting up about 45 minutes before it would have gone off.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:37 am Sheila, I am sorry the SO is getting sick. Whatever y'all have is ferociously contagious for sure. Hope you all get better without any complications.

Clem, after the year you've had, do you think you might need to go back on the light dose of anti-depressant you took in the past? (((Hugs)))

I slept really well, but laid the groundwork for it with pre-bed Tylenol, some arthritis gel on my knees, and making Lily sleep with the other dogs. Right now I am having coffee and have our old cat in my lap. He is the sweetest, most handsome old fellow.

There's more laundry to do today and I am trying to decide if my knees feel up to standing on a step stool and trimming the bushes outside DS's bedroom window. If it was up to me, they'd be kept much shorter so that I can reach them, but DH likes them tall.

Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day.
Yes Mackie, I have been considering that. Might help.