Daily Check In November 30, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November 30, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee, be back in a moment or three.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 30, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I really should have ordered my prescription and Hubby's eye drops yesterday. Hubby actually grumbled about stopping so I didn't order them. The weather people had predicted a big drop in temperature and that is exactly what happened. Right now, it is -17C (1F) but feels like -28C (-18F). I guess I could put off that until this afternoon. This for the last day of November.

Hubby is going to get the tree and lights up today so that means decorating tomorrow. That also means I need to finish a bunch of sewing today. I hope to get the blocks slashed and then at least two strips sewn and put on to the quilt flimsy. If I work very hard I may even get all three sewn on. My household task list is short, dust, clean the fronts of the fridge and range, and clean the top of the fridge. Nothing that cannot be accomplished in around 30 minutes. Gives me a whole lot of time to work on the sewing. I will rest in between mad sewing sessions, since I am still feeling a bit of tightness and pain in the shoulder and neck area. Not at all happy about that as I can sense I am favouring it and probably overcompensating with the other side.

I did not get the cards done yesterday, so I will try and get the easiest ones signed and addressed today. I can stick those in the box where I pick up our mail (must do that as well, haven't picked the mail up in 4 days now).

I have also been waiting for an email to see where we meet for supper tomorrow night. If it does not come today, I probably will not attend as it does not give me enough notice to get something together for Hubby. I don't like leaving him without have something to forage in the fridge.

Well I am off to enjoy the second cup of coffee, and then get working.

Today I am grateful that our All-wheel drive vehicle seems to go through snow drifts decently. Not going to try it out on overly large drifts though.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Slept fairly well despite having woken up a couple of times. It's supposed to rain here today so I'm sitting here looking at gray skies.

Today I want to write my checks for my December bills and get them ready to drop in the mail tomorrow
as well as run to the bank for my monthly allowance (I don't use a debit card). My Wednesday chores are done and I'm almost finished with my exercising for the day. I'll probably play some computer games and pick out a new book to start.

I reviewed my food budget for November and I came out as $188. I don't include non-food items but that was only $2.50 for November. My extra which was about $10 was extra things I bought myself for Thanksgiving.

Well that's all for now. Have a great day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Logics, Jackie, and all frugal friends. It is dark and dreary here today. I am so grateful for a better night's sleep. Was up in the 5 hour, coughing and wheezing. Got that under control and back to sleep until 8:00.

Have taken my antibiotic and other medicine - the stuff tastes absolutely wretched - and done a steam over a bowl of boiling water.

Dogs have been out, cats fed. Lucy is back to bed, Hope is munching her morning kibble. All is quiet from DD's part of the house so hopefully they are getting some good rest.

I am attempting to go back to work tomorrow. We will see how it goes. Also grateful for ready made meals in the freezer so I can grab one for my lunch.

Off to check emails, etc. then going to try for a morning nap. Have a lovely last day of November.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good Morning Friends.

Logics, good job on the grocery budget! I’ve decided that I’m not going to increase my grocery budget for 2023 and I think I’ll be fine.

Sheila, you really sound like you feel better this morning. Sleep helps a lot. Hope you continue to improve.

I love my tree! I say it every year but it is true and I really enjoy it. I have most of the few gifts that I will give to friends. I still need one for my friend’s daughter. I have not written a card yet but for me this is still early. It is not even December yet. I mostly have a hodgepodge of cards and will use them unless I find a box I really like.

This morning I’m going to do something I rarely do - browse in the shops. I don’t plan to buy (unless I see nice cards) but just want to look and soak up the Christmas season.

Later today it will be back to the mundane laundry.

It is beautiful weather here.

Have a good day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Floridacat, your post makes me smile. This weekend is our town's Christmas celebration in the town center and I love that sort of thing. I will likely not be able to attend this year but that's okay, I will take another time and stroll the downtown area, maybe buy a coffee and sit in the part and look at all the lovely lights.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz