Daily Check In November 30, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In November 30, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

I have kept busy this afternoon. No update on my mom - which I believe means they didn't get her moved today - they were having trouble finding her a bed at the big hospital.

I got out my few Christmas decorations that I have (with the exception of my tree and large door wreath which are stored in the garage) - just a couple of candles, some candy canes, a clear vase filled with a small strand of colored lights, and a wooden tree that my son made in 7th grade. I like to keep it simple but what I do have looks festive set up in the great room and kitchen.

I will try to set up the tree and hang the door wreath this weekend - but if not, the following weekend will have to do.

I made some vegetarian sausage gravy with biscuits for supper. Morningstar Farms makes a mean sausage style crumble. I was really wanting some comfort food with substance - another sign that I think I'm getting better.

I did put in a call to my doctor today about my shortness of breath with activity. I just want to hear him laugh at me and say "stop the activity that makes you short of breath - you're sick." He isn't in today but his nurse called me back and asked me some questions (can I give her a full sentence reply to this and that question without pausing, etc.). She said I passed and the doctor will call me tomorrow.

Poor DD and her SO are in the worst of it - DD is going to come out and take a shower in a little while. I hope that will help her feel better (it didn't work for me but hoping - it's hard to see your kids sick no matter how old they are).

I hope to get some half way decent sleep tonight and plan on confirming with my wonderful boss in the morning that I just can't do work this week. I need to stay awake and busy until 9:30 to take my medicine again. Will try to find something decent to watch on YouTube.

Thanks for your support through this illness, friends. I'm sure you must be sick of hearing about it and I appreciate you. I am very rarely ever sick with so much as a sniffle and this has been extremely rough and scary.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Sheila. My sibling that has the Covid had to be pit on an inhaler. Having trouble breathing.

I think she’s okay but I don’t want to bother her hubby or daughter. Sibling shut off her phone.

She just wants to be left alone.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Ahhh HappyDaze, I understand your situation perfectly. ((Hugs)) cause even when you are used to it, it still hurts.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Well I did get cards done (not mailed as I forgot them in my purse) the household tasks completed. I managed to get some pinning done, but no sewing and even worked a bit on the rug (really need to work on it some more after supper). I am not too happy about how little I really got completed.

Tomorrow, I hope to get lots of the sewing done the letters for those couple of cards that get them. Copy down my aunts phone numbers so that I will be able to call them sometime next week.

Hubby cleaned the basement (did a bang-up job) but did not get the tree and lights ready for me to decorate. Oh well I hope to get things finished in the decor department in the basement by Saturday....

I would have gotten more done, but a friend who is mostly stuck in the house called and we talked for an hour. That was really nice, we don't get to spend as much time together as we would like. I promised to go over there after Christmas with a prototype rice bag that she can use on her face when she goes outside in the cold. J got hit in the head by a golf club many years ago and suffered lots of damage to the nerves in her face. They warned her that the cold would cause her pain, but until the last couple of years that was not a problem. So once Christmas is over and I get all these projects done I am going to try and help her out.

Soup is warming on the stove and I will start the grilled cheese sandwiches very soon.

Off to enjoy a glass of red wine and count all my blessings.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, your facial rice bag sounds brilliant. I worked for a while with a young woman who developed pain in the main facial nerve, probably from a virus, and she was miserable in cold and windy weather.

Good for you for staying home, Sheila. Rest and look after the dogs and the young ones. By Monday you will probably all feel lots better.

I am hungry but Lily is in my lap and I don't want to disturb her. She's been fussy from the weather change: canine cardiac patients don't handle shifts of cold or heat well.
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

i was up early and made honey and peanut butter sandwich on raisin bread for breakfast. That was good.

I bought 12 classic movie DVDs off of Facebook Marketplace. The woman delivered them today. I'll have to set-up my blue-ray DVD player. I hope I can find all the cords and wire junk that are needed to do so. I'm looking forward to watching a few of them this week and next. I'll try to get it set-up tomorrow.

I went and visited with my little yorkie friend, Charlee girl today! I wasn't there for 2 hours even! We had lots of nice cuddles. She didn't want me using my laptop computer because that space was for her cuddles! It was a lovely visit. I didn't take any money from Tannis and Gary. It would be stealing to get paid for less than two hours. I benefited heaps and my mood is much better after seeing one of my little doggo friends.

On the way to Charlee's house, I stopped at 7-11 and got John a $15 gift card for his Christmas present. It looks like Winners, where I was going to get a card for Zoe to shop, only has a card that is $25 or up. Out of the budget. I'll have to figure something else out. I have a birthday for next week too. One of the few people I get a birthday gift for. I will get them a gift certificate to shop at Michael's as they really like to do crafts and odds and ends of stuff.

After visiting with my little Charlee girl, I stopped at Pet Smart and got an algae eater for the fish tank. He has a big job to do! I've named him Algernon. I also picked up some filters and was told they need to be changed once a month. The box had a 3 month supply so I am good until the start of March.

I've got to peel some potatoes for supper. I should get at that as I am getting hungry and it's already past suppertime although it is rather typical for me to eat late.

That's the skinny from around here.

MJ

Sheila,
I am sorry what happened to you with your Mother at Thanksgiving. It's a hard gig to deal with for certain. I just tell people, "Oh well, I am used to it by now." I hope you and the fam start feeling better. And that they can find a bed for your mother in the bigger hospital.
Hope has a good imagination.