Frugal Home Remedies That Work For You

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Frugal Home Remedies That Work For You

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My favorite for respiratory infections is home made Chicken soup.

I also have made an ice pack you can lay on.

6 small sponges slightly wetter than how packed. A double zipper freezer bag. The slider bag would be uncomfortable to lay on. Wrap in a dish towel. Because they only last 15-20 minutes it is safe to fall asleep laying on it.

I use it at night for the nerve compression pain from my neck.

Penny
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:35 am My favorite for respiratory infections is home made Chicken soup.

I also have made an ice pack you can lay on.

6 small sponges slightly wetter than how packed. A double zipper freezer bag. The slider bag would be uncomfortable to lay on. Wrap in a dish towel. Because they only last 15-20 minutes it is safe to fall asleep laying on it.

I use it at night for the nerve compression pain from my neck.

Penny
Penny, that ice pack you can lay on is genius - I want to make one for when my lower back acts up - it's so hard to try to hold an ice pack in place and get comfortable.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Okay everyone, along the lines of Mackie's tomato soup and Penny's chicken soup, what are your go-to foods when you are sick? I like cinnamon toast with boiling hot tea.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Orange juice and potato chips when I have a sore, scratchy throat. It's really the only time I like them. I also prefer ginger ale when I'm sick.
Mackie