Daily Check In December 1, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 1, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Getting coffee, I slept in. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 1, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I woke up at 4 did what needed doing (glass of water as well) and thought to have just another hour or so of sleep on the chesterfield. Actually, ended up with 3 more hours good for me, bad for getting things accomplished. Not that the household task list is long and involved, more that I wanted to get that out of the way and my Christmas gifts worked on madly.

Tasks for today include sweeping floors, baking bread, doing any unfinished chores in my daily diary, getting the letter done for the cards for overseas, and getting all cards in the mail (will need to go out in the community one last time). One of the unfinished tasks is a complete dusting of the living room, but I might wait on that until closer to Christmas (just give it a quick wipe down for now).

I did do another stripe on the rug and pulled out another colour to use. My shoulder and neck are pretty sore again today. I am going to cut out a skirt and top set and once that is completed use the cutting table to work on the rug as suggested. It will mean moving a chair around but if it saves on the arm, I am all for it.

I plan on getting everything I have pinned sewn today and hopefully a bit more. I would love to have the quilt bordered, sandwiched, pinned and start quilting. One thing it is going to be very simply quilted like all my quilts are. Nothing in the least fancy. I am even thinking of doing the tie thing, but if it is on DS's bed I kind of would like it to look a bit more modern. Since the sewing machine is out and the cutting table will be clear, I am thinking that now would be a great time to make the last two draught dodgers.

I am going to watch some Disney+ today while working on projects. Then hopefully I can turn to Yellowstone (providing the box is working right and not constantly stopping and starting) and watch whatever episodes I have missed there. Getting caught up is loads of fun while working on projects.

Supper tonight is going to be meatballs (thinking BBQ), rice and a salad. I plan on making a big batch of those meatballs. I need to find MIL's recipe..... While I do not really batch cook for lots of meals on a weekend, I do sort of try and stock up on ready prepared food when I can by making more than enough to feed us for a few days somewhere down the road.

Today I am grateful that I can see progress on the projects. Still keeping my fingers crossed that I can catch up at some point before the sons are home.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

So I bought Advent calendars from Williams Sonoma for the grands and dropped them off last night. I went with those because of the Harry Potter themed one they sold. DGS8 is getting into HP. What's a Grandma for if not to spoil the kiddies? LOL, but the also had a Peppermint bark calendar. I love their Peppermint bark, so I ordered one for me along with a Hot Chocolate calendar for DS2. Well, 3 calendars arrived. I missed any emails that indicated that my Calendar was backordered and the receipt int he box had no indications. SO I assumed that I did not order it. (I had some complications placing the order online). So I ordered it again. So I have 2. I had one piece of candy this morning and will have a second tonight.

I am in a bit of a "hurry up and wait" mode at work, so making my to do list for tomorrow's day off. It was funny, my Mom seemed appalled that I was using my remining PTO taking of Fridays and Thursdays and Fridays. "They let you do that?" Her perspective it from being a nurse, where the need for staffing was immediate. I tried to explain that taking time off this way is less disruptive than taking a whole week off. I get her perspective. because is the perspective of someone in Operations, where I have been, where staffing is somewhat critical. But it strikes me as funny. It is also why she struggles to understand how some jobs can be fully remote.

It is sunny and cold out today. I had my blinds open as the sky started to lighten up, but had to close them again to keep the sun out of my eyes.

Have a great day,
Maggie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning Jackie and all frugal friends. Jackie, do your neck and arm feel better today?

I wish I had some energy to do anything. I am just waiting on a call back from my doctor - heading back to bed in a few minutes, it was a rough, very rough, night.

Woke to snow covering the ground - less than an inch. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

No update on my mom since my dad's visit yesterday.

Off to get some sleep. Have a good day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:41 am Good morning Jackie and all frugal friends. Jackie, do your neck and arm feel better today?

I wish I had some energy to do anything. I am just waiting on a call back from my doctor - heading back to bed in a few minutes, it was a rough, very rough, night.

Woke to snow covering the ground - less than an inch. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

No update on my mom since my dad's visit yesterday.

Off to get some sleep. Have a good day.
Not really by much if at all. I think the muscles and tendons have a tendency to tighten up while I sleep.
Jackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

I slept so good, I think prayer and talk therapy is working. At least it is helping.
I am up and have outside chores almost done, might haul in more wood. It is cold but the sun is bright.
I changed the dogs food to IAM's and they both seem to be doing better also. I will do anything to make my geriatric dogs more comfortable and happier.
Today is going to be a hang out and get small chores done. I think I will do floors tomorrow. DD2 has been taking her dog over the weekends and giving me a break from his neediness. Poor baby is almost blind from cataracts, and it makes him require more attention.

I need to do some plant grooming and watering today and will run the duster. I think I will order some library books.
Off to get started again and piddle around.

JCKitty