Daily Check In December 1, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In December 1, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:55 am Good morning all

I stayed in bed until 9. It is dreary outside. Not at all like yesterday. Warm weather returns tomorrow

I did get up at 4 to take one fur brat outside. After that tossed and turned for a few hours.

Still thinking too much. Gotta get back to the carefree life! Wish me luck.

Have a great day.
Clem, we are all glad you are going to take care of yourself, with the COD's help and get better. You care so much for others - your family, your community, the COD and your fur babies - even us frugal forum folks - you deserve to take care of you and let others help you out too.

Sending (((((hugs))))) and wishing you all the best.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

The sun came out and the snow all melted away. DD has been up and out to visit with me a couple times and she took Hope out.

I sent a text to my sister and asked for an update on everyone. Mom is being transferred this afternoon to a different hospital than the one they wanted - no beds. Sister is exhausted from "doing everything" - I get it and was kind in my response, putting aside the temptation to say something like "big change from doing nothing, isn't it"? What good would that do? I hope my dad does not try to travel to that hospital on his own. I told him DO NOT - and I'm sure my mother will tell him the same.

I heated up a lentil burger and am picking at it - dumped some salsa on it. Colored a picture in my "Relaxing Flowers" coloring book. I need to pay some bills. Trying to stay busy with little tasks that don't take too much energy.

DD said she will be back out in a couple hours to feed the outdoor cats and take Hope out again. She is a blessing right now to be sure. I feel like I will be up to trying to go to work tomorrow - will play it by ear.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:34 am Hi everyone.

Jackie, sorry that the pain is still holding on.

Happy, hope you start feeling better soon and your family as well, daughter and Mother. The old saying when it rains, it pours strikes again.

Clem, please do take care of yourself, because if you don't no one else is going to.

Was ready to post several hours ago and then I took a phone call from my sister and then I had to run out for a while. Just finished eating as I eat "brunch" instead of breakfast and lunch.

Have to walk over to the car repair shop a little later. My car key fob is acting up as I can hit the remote buttons several times before it responds. After 11 years I suppose its finally time to change the battery.

I put my Christmas tree in a different spot this year, but have decided to move it back to the regular spot in front of the window.

Well that's all I have for now. Stay warm for those in the "cold" parts of the world.

Have a good day.
Changing the remote battery is not usually too bad. Do a search on you tube for <car model_year> remote battery. You should find an instructional video on the type of battery and how to change it. I feel like hte dealer will charge an arm and a leg.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Oh Sheila hope your mom is okay.

There are a lot of respiratory illnesses going around.

No beds at our small county hospital either.

Haven’t heard anything from ill sibling. We are following her wishes and not calling. My sister is writing her a letter!

I don’t want to bother my niece either. After spending four days with her, I see that she is also a worrywart worse than me. So will just wait
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:49 pm Clem, we are all glad you are going to take care of yourself, with the COD's help and get better. You care so much for others - your family, your community, the COD and your fur babies - even us frugal forum folks - you deserve to take care of you and let others help you out too.

Sending (((((hugs))))) and wishing you all the best.
Thank you so much. I really hate being like this! I blame it on Covid!
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

mbrudnic wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:17 pm Changing the remote battery is not usually too bad. Do a search on you tube for <car model_year> remote battery. You should find an instructional video on the type of battery and how to change it. I feel like hte dealer will charge an arm and a leg.
Thanks, Maggie.

Actually I got lucky. Took it to the place where I had my last repairs done and they put in a new battery for $8.