Daily Check In December 1, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In December 1, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:49 pm I think your sister is tuning you out big time.
Selective hearing, lol. She did pay attention when I said throw away the bags and wash your hands - she said she told my dad not to touch the bags - she would set out the food.

DD said they were very appreciative. She masked up and took the stuff just inside the door. Glad the kiddos are back home safe. Thankful for the curly fries they brought me. They kept thanking me for treating them to food - the least I can do, they just went out on that long, cold errand so I didn't have to.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I was able to get my to-do list done and happy about that.
It seems that if I listen to my body and take a short nap/lay down when the feeling hits me, I feel so much better for it. Sometimes it makes me feel guilty to think "I need a nap/break" but I need to get over that.

Clem, good job on the electric fix job! Are you going to line up a time and get it all replaced? I bet it won't take long and you will feel so much better knowing it is all done.
Home maintenance can be exhausting but....knowing a job is completed feels so good. Anxiety and depression, even seasonal depression can make you feel stuck.
I moved and groomed plants, looks better and working with plants makes me feel so good.
One of my kitchen lights went out, requires a ladder so brought it in and after changing the bulb and cleaning the fixture which by the way was filthy with dust :roll: I also hung my stretched beaver hide over the fireplace and above the TV. This has needed done for a long time but required a climb up a ladder. DD's don't want me climbing that high but "they ain't the boss of me" LOL. I prepped well, cell phone close by, ladder well set...it went just fine. I am not telling them, will let them notice.

I hope to be able to bathe my elderly pup tomorrow. He hates the bath but once he is in it and clean he forgives me.
Off to scrounge something for supper.
JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:49 pm Prednisone is a powerful anti-inflammatory, so it will make you feel better fast. It is really good for calming down lungs and throats that are badly irritated The only drawback is you might not sleep well while taking it.
Thanks Mackie. I haven't been sleeping as it is so I guess we'll see what happens.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

casadekitty wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:45 pm Update:

I was able to get my to-do list done and happy about that.
It seems that if I listen to my body and take a short nap/lay down when the feeling hits me, I feel so much better for it. Sometimes it makes me feel guilty to think "I need a nap/break" but I need to get over that.

Clem, good job on the electric fix job! Are you going to line up a time and get it all replaced? I bet it won't take long and you will feel so much better knowing it is all done.
Home maintenance can be exhausting but....knowing a job is completed feels so good. Anxiety and depression, even seasonal depression can make you feel stuck.
I moved and groomed plants, looks better and working with plants makes me feel so good.
One of my kitchen lights went out, requires a ladder so brought it in and after changing the bulb and cleaning the fixture which by the way was filthy with dust :roll: I also hung my stretched beaver hide over the fireplace and above the TV. This has needed done for a long time but required a climb up a ladder. DD's don't want me climbing that high but "they ain't the boss of me" LOL. I prepped well, cell phone close by, ladder well set...it went just fine. I am not telling them, will let them notice.

I hope to be able to bathe my elderly pup tomorrow. He hates the bath but once he is in it and clean he forgives me.
Off to scrounge something for supper.
JCKitty
He's coming back monday to replace all the circuit breakers with more modern ones. These are still the kind you flip, but not at all like the ones you see now. Basically a new breaker box for now.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

HappyDaze wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:25 pm Anyone have experience using prednisone for short term illness? Did it help you?
Yes; love prednisone. When I used to develop bronchitis all the time (worked in a "sick" building) it was so helpful! Also had to take it in larger doses for a few days before an imaging test that required contrast - I have an allergy that can make that questionable, so they tamped down my immune system's ability to overreact. Had no issue with the contrast, so it must have worked :lol:

The larger doses can make you a little hungry.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

SandiSAHM wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:07 pm Yes; love prednisone. When I used to develop bronchitis all the time (worked in a "sick" building) it was so helpful! Also had to take it in larger doses for a few days before an imaging test that required contrast - I have an allergy that can make that questionable, so they tamped down my immune system's ability to overreact. Had no issue with the contrast, so it must have worked :lol:

The larger doses can make you a little hungry.
Thank you for the information, Sandi, it is nice to hear from people who have taken it - I am always nervous taking a new medication. I am always a little hungry. :lol:

Charles M. Schultz