Daily Check-in December 2, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in December 2, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

A very early good morning all.

Have no idea why I had trouble sleeping last night, but after (I think) waking up every time I slept for 30 minutes I finally decided to get up. I can always lay down for a while this afternoon.

Today is laundry day for me. I hate having to drag everything down a flight of stairs and out to a laundry room in another building, repeat the action to put clothes in dryer and take those I don't dry back home and then make a third trip to pick the clothes out of the dryer. Would be so much easier if they had planned for washing machines in all the apartments when they built this place.

I want to do some organizing around my "desk area" today as it's starting to look a bit sloppy. I also want to start looking at this year's numbers to start finalizing my budget for next year. I also want to work on my coloring page.

Well that's all for now. Have a wonderful day.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check-in December 2, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin mes amis!

Like Logics, I didn't sleep well last night and listened to a good CBC radio show from 4-5 and got up after the 5 am CBC news. I've already packed most of my items to go to Franki Boi's to spend the weekend with him and his Kitty Cocoa.

I thought I'd go out and run a few errands (birthday and Christmas present) but think I'll leave that until Monday. The birthday present person is having a family day and doesn't like to be interrupted so I can give them their gift certificate on Monday. I can also get my day planner for next year on Monday too.

Nothing big planned for today. A stop at Safeway on my way to Franki Boi's house to get some bread and snacks and that's about it.

I hope all are feeling better.

That's the skinny from around here.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites.

The snow fall that was predicted, arrived last night at around 7 pm. Looking outside the snow is still falling fairly heavily, and quite the buildup is happening. Looks like we have gotten about 3" overnight with another 5" or so to fall throughout the day. Winds are supposed to pick up which of course could end up giving us blizzard conditions. So glad there is no need for me to be outside at all.

I have quite the list of household tasks to complete today and I really would like to get the flimsy on the quilt completed so I can sandwich and pin this weekend. So far, the tasks are bake bread (did not do this yesterday as we had 1/2 loaf left), dust, vacuum, tidy living room, enter budget figures, file paperwork, make the baking list, and start decorating the tree downstairs. I wonder when I will get the time to work on projects. I also want to get a couple of those pesky once or twice a month cleaning tasks done as well.

I know I will be decorating the tree over two days as I just cannot do it in one anymore. Perhaps it is time to start cutting back or at least starting things a bit earlier.

Frugally speaking since the Bible study supper is cancelled, I will not be setting foot outside the house unless it is to help with a bit of snow removal so no money will be spent. Meals will be made using what is on hand in the house following my monthly menu plan. I will still be on my use it up, make do, or do without plan as it seems to be working very well.

I will also be cutting up more scrap fabric today for the rug and perhaps this evening stitching up the last two draught dodgers. I think I may have to make some new ones for this house as well, but those can wait a month.

Supper tonight is going to be salmon fillets, the leftover rice from last night, and the leftover salad from last night. I think I will pull the fillets out early and marinate them.

Today I am grateful and content to spend the day inside working on my projects and tasks. It is days like today that make me happy to have retired and not necessitate a drive in the snow and cold.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning everyone. Logics, I am sorry you had a rough night.

I managed between 5 and 6 hours of decent sleep so I'm very happy about that. I didn't lay down till nearly 1:00 a.m. - I had a lot of jitters and anxiety, most likely from the new medication. I stayed up watching youtube videos and working on some coloring pages.

I just talked with my boss and his boss and am good to be off today. I need to focus on getting on a schedule this weekend and get myself regrouped. A trip to the store for "easy food" is in order - canned soup, etc. This sickness has pretty much eliminated my appetite and I'm feeling rather weak.

The dogs have been out and had their breakfast. The 2 cats that come to the back door have been fed. DD will feed the other 2 "wild ones" - they are in the cellar. "Kloey the House Cat" has eaten. I am off to make some coffee.

Happy Frugal Friday!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning everyone,

Nice having the day off. I have my laundry going. Logics, I sympathize with you hauling your laundry. When I was married and did laundry for the whole family, I had a habit of doing it all on Saturday. I struggled to get the full laundry baskets down the 2 flights of steps. Supposedly the boys were responsible for taking their laundry down or they were responsible for it. And then my former apartment had coin-ops just up the stairs form my apartment, but I made a spreadsheet and it was cheaper for my to drive to Mom and Dad's and haul my laundry there once a week. Lol! I have determined that if I were to move, I'll have in-unit laundry and a garage.

I am getting ready to run to Walmart. Nice and early while it is not busy. But I folded my sheets left all week in the dryer. That is a task I tend to put off line MJ puts off emptying the dishwasher. LOL!

I have been texting DDil. She, DS, DB and DSisIL are going shopping for the annual Christmas party for Mom's side of the extended family. Santa brings gifts for all kids under 10. They volunteered for that duty. I volunteered to hang out with the DGSs. Then we will go to the nearby town's horse parade. They put lights on the horses. I have been once, It was cool. We will probably meet up with people form my Support/social group.

So I am off.
Have a great day,
Maggie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

mbrudnic wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:13 am Good Morning everyone,

Nice having the day off. I have my laundry going. Logics, I sympathize with you hauling your laundry. When I was married and did laundry for the whole family, I had a habit of doing it all on Saturday. I struggled to get the full laundry baskets down the 2 flights of steps. Supposedly the boys were responsible for taking their laundry down or they were responsible for it. And then my former apartment had coin-ops just up the stairs form my apartment, but I made a spreadsheet and it was cheaper for my to drive to Mom and Dad's and haul my laundry there once a week. Lol! I have determined that if I were to move, I'll have in-unit laundry and a garage.

I am getting ready to run to Walmart. Nice and early while it is not busy. But I folded my sheets left all week in the dryer. That is a task I tend to put off line MJ puts off emptying the dishwasher. LOL!

I have been texting DDil. She, DS, DB and DSisIL are going shopping for the annual Christmas party for Mom's side of the extended family. Santa brings gifts for all kids under 10. They volunteered for that duty. I volunteered to hang out with the DGSs. Then we will go to the nearby town's horse parade. They put lights on the horses. I have been once, It was cool. We will probably meet up with people form my Support/social group.

So I am off.
Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, enjoy your day off!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz