Daily Check-in December 2, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check-in December 2, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

Whelp, no needles after all.

I officially have Hashimotos disease which is why my white count is low a tiny bit and I get tired (I take thyroid for hypo issues already). It's basically an auto immune disease I guess so I have to learn to live with it. But no removal and no needles just yearly scans and observations.

Back to money earning and unpacking christmas
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Quilter51 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:32 pm Clem. It's a lo g, long,ong story. But I signed up with a company called flex that pays your rent up front and then collects in two payments. One from my pension and one from my ss mid month. This month they took the pension payment but did not pay my rent as they say I am a payment behind. In the process of documentation but meanwhile.

I am terrible about saving and need to increase that so I have a month's rent in the bank.tent and car sinking funds are my priority.

I never do any of the challenges but need to do that this year.
Gosh Barb, that is tough. I am sorry.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Thanks Maggie

I never should have signed up with them. Live and learn.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Quilter, I am sorry about the Hashimoto's, but thank goodness no needles.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
Quilter,
I have a friend with Hashimoto's and the doc did a major adjustment to her thyroid meds to help with it. She also has Fibro and was told they both cause fatigue and it can be really rough when she has a fibro flare. I think I remember her having a radioactive "seed"??? It was 20 years ago so I may not be remembering correctly. Glad you don't have to have needles .
DD2 came and picked up her dog for the weekend. I love that dog but I love it when she takes him home and it's just me and my "bubby".
We have very high winds this evening, temps aren't bad right now but the wind is awful. Temps are supposed to plummet overnight.

Supper is going to be reach in the fridge and pull something out LOL
JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Friday Evening Update: I have managed to stay "lightly busy" all day - it really helps with the anxious feelings. I was darning a sock - I usually put a light bulb in the sock because I don't have a darning egg. Well I didn't have a spare light bulb either so I used a tennis ball - and sewed the tennis ball to the sock. Got that straightened out and all is well.

It looks as though my neighbor - the one who can't drive anymore due to seizures - has sold his vehicle. Kind of sad. He took a taxi someplace the other day. When I get better I am going to offer to take him grocery shopping - it will have to be on a designated day/time - I can't be running a cab service - but I would like to be able to help him out and save him cab fare.

DD and her SO are on the mend - funny how this illness works - I am first to start to get better, then DD, then him - he is a couple days behind DD so still the sickest. They are cleaning their rooms, washing bedding and pajamas, taking out garbage, etc. They walked the dogs around the block - first real walk the poor dogs have had in days - but we do what we can do.

My anxiety level (knock on wood) is at a much more manageable level than last night at this time. Perhaps I won't be up until 1:00 a.m. feeling all out of sorts - here's hoping. I have many more little tasks I can do if need be (that helps) but I am feeling tired so that's good. I need to hang in there till 10:00, take my meds again and then will try to lay down and watch a movie or show.

Thanks to you for being a sounding board of sorts through this illness - it has been rough and quite scary.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz