Daily Check-in December 2, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in December 2, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

I finally bought myself a darning egg last year after we paid off the house. Some people fly to Europe, but I wanted a darning egg. Living the high life here. :-D

Does anyone else have an issue with pajama pants being too long in the stride? It's like wearing a pair of clown pants and I wind up taking up a couple of inches at the center of the crotch seam and tapering it out. Then they fit better. Otherwise I would have to pull them halfway up to my armpits.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Quilter51 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:45 pm Whelp, no needles after all.

I officially have Hashimotos disease which is why my white count is low a tiny bit and I get tired (I take thyroid for hypo issues already). It's basically an auto immune disease I guess so I have to learn to live with it. But no removal and no needles just yearly scans and observations.

Back to money earning and unpacking christmas
Sorry to hear, my friend. At least no needles today. Sending love & care.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:07 pm I finally bought myself a darning egg last year after we paid off the house. Some people fly to Europe, but I wanted a darning egg. Living the high life here. :-D

Does anyone else have an issue with pajama pants being too long in the stride? It's like wearing a pair of clown pants and I wind up taking up a couple of inches at the center of the crotch seam and tapering it out. Then they fit better. Otherwise I would have to pull them halfway up to my armpits.
You sound like me, Mackie - I'm debt free so I think I'll spring for...a new refurbished phone for $28!!

I don't have that problem with pajama pants - or maybe I do, but I like them big/oversized and very loose and comfortable. I actually prefer long flannel nightgowns. I don't have the talent to do that kind of repair even if I wanted to.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have a towel wash in the washer. I will transfer to the dryer shortly.

I emptied the dishwasher and most of the dish drainer.

Lunch will be a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato.

I need to sew on a doll dress. Then I need to make a Christmas card. I need to mail it Monday morning.

Penny