Daily Check In December 3, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In December 3, 2022

Post by clemencia2us »

Darn I remember when we would shop until midnight on Black Friday. Oh and be at the wal-mart the second they opened on Thanksgiving afternoon. Crazy times!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:58 pm Our Family Dollar got a huge remodel a couple weeks ago. This morning I walked in and was promptly greeted by the manager who presented me with a $5 off $25 coupon and a $5 gift card. The first 50 customers got the gift card - I was customer #50!!!

I got 2 pajama sets, 2 cute (warm) outfits and a package of socks for the 1 year old boy I'm shopping for. I also picked up a couple things at Dollar General and got some groceries (Progresso canned soup, etc.) at Dollar Tree.

I can tell DD was up while I was gone and took the dogs out - their leashes are where she leaves them and they dogs are damp - it is raining out.

I need to go to the "fancy" grocery store soon and look for the white elephant gift - and some "gourmet" gummy gears to go with DD's SO's Christmas gift --- but first, lunch.
What a nice surprise!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Sheila, a coffee gift card and a nice coaster to keep her desk clean from coffee drips, maybe?

My friend who makes little art quilts made all of us mug rugs one year, which is a little rectangular quilted coaster big enough for a coffee cup and a spot for placing a cookie or muffin. For those who sew and need a quick gift, those are really nice.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Well once again I have not gotten everything done that I had hoped to do today.

I did finally finish decorating the tree (yeah me). I hope to post a picture on my blog and on Facebook of the finished product. No use starting the small tree upstairs until the cutting table is down which I hope will be this week at some point.

I did get the final two draught dodgers made, washed the quilt backing, and did some cutting of strips. Hopefully will finish those tonight. I want the cutting table cleared in order to pin the quilt (I cannot crawl around on the floor any longer, hurts too much).

I keep reminding myself that any movement forward is another bit of the elephant that Christmas seems to be this year. Really going to start the gift making much earlier next year, or perhaps break down and purchase a few smaller things for the DS's to go with their cash gifts.

Off to read the forum and then set the table (oh yeah rice pudding not made either).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:04 pm Update

Well once again I have not gotten everything done that I had hoped to do today.

I did finally finish decorating the tree (yeah me). I hope to post a picture on my blog and on Facebook of the finished product. No use starting the small tree upstairs until the cutting table is down which I hope will be this week at some point.

I did get the final two draught dodgers made, washed the quilt backing, and did some cutting of strips. Hopefully will finish those tonight. I want the cutting table cleared in order to pin the quilt (I cannot crawl around on the floor any longer, hurts too much).

I keep reminding myself that any movement forward is another bit of the elephant that Christmas seems to be this year. Really going to start the gift making much earlier next year, or perhaps break down and purchase a few smaller things for the DS's to go with their cash gifts.

Off to read the forum and then set the table (oh yeah rice pudding not made either).
Jackie, do give yourself credit for all that you DID get done today!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Made a trip to DG, cat food for the DD's and a few other things, used my 5.00 off coupon.
I thought DD found cat food the other day....nope .Evidently DG didn't have all of their stock put away and she was on her lunch time so couldn't wait. Since I was at the DG I got it for them.
While I was at the DD's house the grand-dog was showing signs of stress :roll: so I told DD2 to get his nails clipped and bring him home to me earlier than usual tomorrow. I love having a break from his neediness, but I can't stand the fact that leaving me causes him stress. My house is very quiet and calm, theirs is not....maybe it is stressing him.
Speaking of DG, Holy Man was it a mess in there, not dirty, just un-shelved stock everywhere. I know it is not the workers fault, they aren't allowed to have much help working and they just can't keep up.

I did a bunch of trimming on my dog today, he was less than happy but looks better. I need to get him a sweater, he is so old his hair is getting very thin. Not that he spends alot of time outside, but I don't want him to get a chill.
House cores done, have felt chilly all day.
Going to watch some news.
JCKitty