Daily Check In December 3, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In December 3, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Another rainy day here, but it's not too cold. We're supposed to have a lot of rain, so this is more like normal weather. I am glad most of my yard projects were done earlier. Did not get the vines cut out of the crape myrtle trees, but that can wait for a dry day.

Today I am going to have a go at conditioning the living room sofa. The leather dries out from the gas log fire. Also need to organize the little chest freezer and the over the fridge freezer, and there are a couple of little sewing projects to do.

Right now the two little dogs and the old cat are all cozied up around me while me while I have morning coffee. They are so sweet!

Sheila, I hope your shopping trip goes well and you continue to get better. FloridaCat, that's a shame about the mess. :(

Hope everyone has a peaceful, cozy day.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning everyone.

this after noon I have a plan to meet some people to go on my town's "Wassail Walk" although I don't drink as such I may have one wassail at one stop. This is my chance to ejoy the decor. I decided last night's tree lighting on the town square was just to much for me. I'm now thinking I would rather not go, but I feel like I need to get out for awhile. I will take cane and or walker. I also might enjoy some sitting down and listen to some jazz at a local wine bar after wards.

Betweent that and church I have GOT to finish getting christmas out. that is my only goal this weekend other than some basic laundry and obviously there will be vacumming here and there as I get out and put away.

I have been seriously considering both budget and goals and am working on the budget now. Mine will be different as I DO need clothes and cannot sew them as such, I WILL need at least one pair each of SAS and Asics during the year and I enjoy my travel and entertainment/;unches.

So my primary commitment for the year coming will be to shop used only with some major exceptsions. Right now those exceptions will be undies and shoes, some fabric and yarn, and Upholstered furniture (my daughter is using her account to get me a new sofa in the new year from Nebraska furniture and I am paying her back). I'm sure there will be a few others. I do know that my TV bill will increase. I have lived for two years with nothing but the fire stick and no network or other channels and suffered for it sports wise. So I'll be adding either HUlulive or Youtube live at 70 bucks.

Right now my general categories beyond the monthly bills (rent, electric, phone, wireless) are clothing, hobbies, entertainment and dining out, gas, food and supplies, and health which is just my scrips cause I have no out of pocket costs. I need to add savings/emergency and a car sinking fun and a fund for travel and day trips so I have some number adjustments to figure, lol.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
I slept well! Up and getting the chores list done.
I really have no plans for the day, so play it as it comes.
It is cold but sun is shining and that helps so much. This next week we are supposed to get some rain, as long as it's not the "white stuff" I can deal with it.
Need to work on my to-do list for next week and tomorrow evening get the utility room ready for the washer repair man, it is not putting in cold water like it should and I think it is the cold water inlet might be clogged with lime build up. I have a water softener but have had this issue before. It pains me to have to have a repair person but I cannot do what needs done anymore.
Off to do whatever, Sheila don't wear yourself out.
Mackie, I have always thought I would love to have crape myrtle trees, I think they are pretty.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Another grey dreary day here. At least it isn't cold. Just blah. I slept okay until about 3am and after that was getting up every two hours or so. Did stay in bed until almost 9.

I decided to get back on my anxiety meds. I can't be all nervous 24/7. I need to get back out there.

Yesterday a friend did ask me to go to lunch and it was tempting but at 1 in the afternoon, I was still in pajamas. Sheesh.

She is going though a spell also. She is even thinking of moving to be closer to a big city with more things to do. The other day we had our Christmas tree lighting and I would normally go but then realized I have no one to go with - sad....and really was too cold anyway.

I need to get showered and dressed. Go to the store! Wish me luck!

Have a great day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Clem I don't know if I ever told you this. My son with the severe depressive personality and no self confidence finally went to the doctor here a year ago. He was diagnosed with Axiety rather than depression and has been taking meds since then and they have been helping him in a fantastic way (also prescription sleep assistance on occasion and prescription migraine meds). While I think someoen to talk to therapy wise would probably also be good at some point he is an entirely different person and while I understand wanting to avoid meds, sometimes they are just what we need.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:31 am Clem I don't know if I ever told you this. My son with the severe depressive personality and no self confidence finally went to the doctor here a year ago. He was diagnosed with Axiety rather than depression and has been taking meds since then and they have been helping him in a fantastic way (also prescription sleep assistance on occasion and prescription migraine meds). While I think someoen to talk to therapy wise would probably also be good at some point he is an entirely different person and while I understand wanting to avoid meds, sometimes they are just what we need.
yes, I hate to take meds, but I feel that is what I need to do now. I was on them before but stopped cuz I felt okay - duh.

This weather doesn't help either.