Daily Check In December 3, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In December 3, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:31 am Clem I don't know if I ever told you this. My son with the severe depressive personality and no self confidence finally went to the doctor here a year ago. He was diagnosed with Axiety rather than depression and has been taking meds since then and they have been helping him in a fantastic way (also prescription sleep assistance on occasion and prescription migraine meds). While I think someoen to talk to therapy wise would probably also be good at some point he is an entirely different person and while I understand wanting to avoid meds, sometimes they are just what we need.
Quilter, I resisted taking anti-anxiety medication - I gave my doctor such a hard time about it - but he was right - they are life changing. I am on a 10-day prescription "officially" but my doctor knows I only use as needed and that 10 day supply lasts me 4 to 6 months. I say YAY for your son and anyone else who utilizes the tools modern medicine has given us so we can feel better.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I came to Franki Boi and Cocoa's house yesterday about 10:30 am after I stopped to get some plain bread at Safeway also some bananas and a little bag of potato chips for a snack.

I just adore this little doggie. He is just so cute and lovely. Cocoa was in a real cuddly mood yesterday and I am wearing a ton of white fur on my black leggings and black hoodie. I'm sure I look a real sight! I was binge watching a show called "Dr. G. Medical Examiner" last night. I didn't notice the time and it was after midnight! I'd taken Franki out around 10 pm so he was set for the night. As I realized the time, I tried to coax him downstairs to bed. He was out like a rock. I know he likes to sleep with his people (and me) so I had to pick-up the sleeping boi and take him down to bed. In the middle of the night, Cocoa came in clawing at the bed right next to me. So, I had to pick her up to get him in bed. After a round of all star wrestling for bed space, Franki and Cocoa settled in to sleep. We were in bed almost until 9 am.

It was miserably cold outside last night. It was -36C/34F windchill factor and poor little Franki's feet were terribly cold. He kept lifting up one and then another. After he'd done his business he raced back to the front door. I didn't blame him one bit!

This morning, it is nice and sunny. The temperature doesn't reflect the sunshine as it is -29C/-20F. It's much better than last night BUT it is supposed to be that cold at night for most of the week. That means I have to go out every day to start the van, more gas guzzling. OUCH, but if I want transportation it must be done.

I was originally supposed to stay until Sunday afternoon, however, Kendall messaged me yesterday that they will be home around 4 pm this afternoon. I have to clean Cocoa's kitty litter and make certain I have left the house as I found it when I came in. That's always my goal, to never leave a trace that I was even here. I know my pet pawrents appreciate that.

Tonight? UGH! I know the dishwasher is waiting for me to unload and reload. I will also gather up the garbage so that when I go to run errands on Monday, I can haul the garbage up the top of the hill to our dumpsters.

That is how my day is going to play out. Just enjoying a coffee right now. They have a Keurig and last time I drank all of the regular coffee so this time I bought a box of pods at Safeway on my way here. I hated to have left them without plain coffee. They did have some Tim Horton's double double flavor and lots of hot chocolate but now I feel better that I could drink coffee without shorting them on supply.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Franki Boi and Cocoa too!
Hope has a good imagination.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Our Family Dollar got a huge remodel a couple weeks ago. This morning I walked in and was promptly greeted by the manager who presented me with a $5 off $25 coupon and a $5 gift card. The first 50 customers got the gift card - I was customer #50!!!

I got 2 pajama sets, 2 cute (warm) outfits and a package of socks for the 1 year old boy I'm shopping for. I also picked up a couple things at Dollar General and got some groceries (Progresso canned soup, etc.) at Dollar Tree.

I can tell DD was up while I was gone and took the dogs out - their leashes are where she leaves them and they dogs are damp - it is raining out.

I need to go to the "fancy" grocery store soon and look for the white elephant gift - and some "gourmet" gummy gears to go with DD's SO's Christmas gift --- but first, lunch.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:58 pm Our Family Dollar got a huge remodel a couple weeks ago. This morning I walked in and was promptly greeted by the manager who presented me with a $5 off $25 coupon and a $5 gift card. The first 50 customers got the gift card - I was customer #50!!!

I got 2 pajama sets, 2 cute (warm) outfits and a package of socks for the 1 year old boy I'm shopping for. I also picked up a couple things at Dollar General and got some groceries (Progresso canned soup, etc.) at Dollar Tree.

I can tell DD was up while I was gone and took the dogs out - their leashes are where she leaves them and they dogs are damp - it is raining out.

I need to go to the "fancy" grocery store soon and look for the white elephant gift - and some "gourmet" gummy gears to go with DD's SO's Christmas gift --- but first, lunch.
Nice surprise on the $5 gift card and coupon!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:03 pm Nice surprise on the $5 gift card and coupon!
Yes, it was their "grand re-opening celebration" - I was thrilled! Essentially, one of those little outfits was free with the coupon and gift card.

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I have been listening to Christmas music while I work on my puzzle. Many times I’ve thought of donating my boom box which plays CDs and audio tapes. But I’m glad I kept it. I like the old Christmas music of Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Andy Williams and my favorite, Rosemary Clooney. I also like my James Taylor Christmas cd. I have instrumental Christmas CDs, too. CDs are mostly cheap and I’m thinking of ordering a Tony Bennet Christmas cd ($4.99).

Of course I could get most of this through Amazon Music on my Alexa which I’ve yet to set up with my new internet password. But I’m old fashioned.