Daily Check In December 3, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In December 3, 2022

Post by Quilter51 »

Florida I dunno about you but I am not happy with the changes in Amazon music lately and I do alot of pandora-ing through my Amazon alexa.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Well hell, it's already twelve thirty and I've been sitting here doing nothing. Time to work more on my trusty Christmas decor!! I have at least a few spoons left. at least the Hashimotos diagnosis explains my complete exhaustion and some muscle pain-much worse than just a slightly low thyroid.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Shelia, that is awesome about the gift from the manager!

Quilter, good luck with shaping your budget. It's kind of tough sledding this year with what everything costs.

Good for you, Clem. Be sure to see the doctor and get bloodwork run. Low thyroid and low Vitamin D can contribute to anxiety. (((HUGS)))

I pulled the sewing machine out of the closet and got all my little sewing chores done. Also put all my old office slacks in the Goodwill donation basket. They are all way too big, even though I took up the waistband with elastic on each pair. I have enough smaller thrifted slacks to get by as I lose more weight.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I am done shopping until I go back out for last minute Christmas things - some festive candy, that sort of thing - last minute. I do also need to get the gift card for DS and DDIL and a nice Christmas card for them - but that's easy.

Oh I detest shopping so!!! No more so than at this time of year. Today wore me out but it had to be done - the work stuff - ugh.

White elephant gift ended up being a red stoneware loaf pan, 2 boxes of bread mix (a chocolate chip and a cinnamon swirl), 2 Christmas votive holders with the candles, and some Christmas candy. Everything fits into the pan and I'll wrap in cellophane and tie with ribbon, put it in a gift bag. The pan alone was $17.99 regular price, on sale for $9.99 so everything came in under $20 easily. I could have added a pretty pot holder or tea towel had I wanted to go to yet another store - NO. WAY.

The day went fast with all the errands. I missed the window of opportunity for a nap and now need to stay up till 10 for my next round of medicines. It's okay, I can find plenty to do. DD and her SO have gone to Save A Lot for their groceries - they asked if they can bring me anything - no.

Off to mix up the evening meal for the outdoor cats - DD said she will feed them when they get back.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I know that NO WAY feeling with the Christmas shopping. Some years back, when I had simply horrible job stress in December, all my Christmas shopping was done in one trip to Walgreens: fluffy socks, gift cards, candy, aftershave, Contigo coffee tumblers, dog and cat treats -- DONE! :)
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Mackie, I like that shopping style! I have kept it SO SIMPLE this year - I was tired before I started and then with being sick - I'm just over it.

DD is getting a little basket with 3 sample size bottles (4 oz. each) of luxury laundry detergent (Tyler Candle Co. - very pricey but I paid with MTurk rewards), some mesh bags for washing delicate items, a lint roller, a little bag of single use soaps shaped like teddy bears, 2 bath towels.

Her SO is getting a basket with a gummy bear mug, some good gummy bear candy, and a bag of good coffee.

They are each getting a small Maglite flashlight that comes in a little hard shell case with extra batteries.

DD and DDIL are getting their usual gift card and I always get them each their own chocolate orange - a favorite of DS since he was little.

My parents are getting the breakfast basket - coffee, pre-cooked bacon, muffin mix, biscuit mix, jam, dehydrated hash browns, a book about breakfast and a little coffee trivia book.

That's all I do other than the work gifts (white elephant and for the baby boy). I am at a loss for my coworker - she can't eat sweets, they make her tired - she only drinks takeout coffee - maybe a coffee gift card and a mug???
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz