Daily Check-in December 4, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in December 4, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Mackie, I laughed when I read about Dora Kitty. She’s an entertainer.

Done! I put down the bag of mulch and it looked so good that I went back to Lowe’s and bought another of the discounted, torn bags that were rebagged. They had one more but I didn’t need it. I just finished putting down the second bag. I could have used a small amount more but it’s fine. I probably won’t be able to move tomorrow. I’m not as agile as I once was getting up and down from the ground.

I knew that Amazon was going to deliver the Tony Bennet cd I ordered yesterday so I put a $10 in my pocket. She arrived when I was almost done with the mulch so perfect timing. At first she didn’t want to accept the money but I said, “Merry Christmas,” and I think she was happy to get it. Made me feel good. I’ve left “tips” in envelopes for the Amazon people a few times in the past (rainy day, Christmas) but they never took the envelope. I think someone on here said they are not supposed to accept and perhaps that’s true. But they work so hard.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I got home from babysitting Franki and Cocoa about 5:30 last night. I made a stop at Safeway, again, to get rice and milk. I want to make cappuccinos this week. I don't drink milk. I will have it in a cappuccino, pudding or use it for baking but we just didn't drink a lot of milk growing up so it's never been a habit.

I had such a fun two days with my little furry friends. I just love all these doggos and kittehs like my very own. I hope Kendall is used to all of Cocoa's hair on the floor. She wanted to be cuddled and pet but with every pet came a lot of fur and dander. I wish they had a brush and I'd brush out some of that.

I was so tired when I got home, I sat in my recliner to watch a show and conked right out for a couple of hours. I had a tuna sandwich for supper, stayed up a bit longer and then crawled off to bed. I didn't get anything done that I thought I would but oh, well, it happens.

Today is football Sunday. The first game, starting at noon, is the Minnesota Vikings vs New York Jets. The next game is the Kansas City Chiefs vs Cleveland Browns. I haven't looked to see what tonight's game is yet. I will get some extremely minor things done today like wipe down the bathroom mirror and shine up the espresso machine during half-times. But, I've decided that Sunday is football and that's that.

I am glad to hear people are feeling better. Sheila, take it easy as you go back to work. I'd suggest taking some of the Gatorade or adult Pedialyte with you to help you continue to remain hydrated. Offices can be notorious for dry air. I am glad to hear your DD and her SO are on the mend. I am sorry it is slow going for them.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:58 pm
I knew that Amazon was going to deliver the Tony Bennet cd I ordered yesterday so I put a $10 in my pocket. She arrived when I was almost done with the mulch so perfect timing. At first she didn’t want to accept the money but I said, “Merry Christmas,” and I think she was happy to get it. Made me feel good. I’ve left “tips” in envelopes for the Amazon people a few times in the past (rainy day, Christmas) but they never took the envelope. I think someone on here said they are not supposed to accept and perhaps that’s true. But they work so hard.
I love Tony Bennet! I used to have a tape of his I played almost continuously in the car when I taught the 6th Grade English Classes in Gaspe, Quebec. I had a long drive on the coast of the Gulf of St. Lawrence and loved to sing along as I drove and watched the scenery.

I am waiting for two Boney M Christmas CDs. They were on Sale for Black Friday so I got one as a Christmas present and one for me. For less than $20? That's the usual price of one CD and A Boney M Christmas CD is a classic. I think it arrives tomorrow or Tuesday.

I've tried giving tips to the Amazon Delivery people too. They refused to take it. They went the extra mile and bought bigger boxes down the steps at my place which makes it safer for me but they still wouldn't accept a bonus.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Finally made it to the store. Feeling a little better today and I had to go.

Cowboys are playing later today!
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good afternoon!

Nothing real exciting happening around here. This chair repair project is starting to drive me bonkers. I am having to drill out holes that dowels broke in. I have learned that mahogany is a very hard wood so it is taking a long time to get the hole sizes I need. I don't think I would have had the patience to be a dentist.

In between bouts of drilling I have been getting my pantry and refrigerators organized. I am about halfway through that. I do not anticipate having to do much shopping at all this month. I have been having shelf stable foods delivered because I found some terrific black Friday and cyber Monday sales. Since covid and everything else is on the rise I do not feel like shopping in person. We are all set for Christmas dinner and any last minute items DS can pick up for me from work.

We are finally getting much needed rain. On Thursday and yesterday we got a good soaking all day each day non-stop. This morning the sun was out for awhile but I see another storm has come in. According to our long rage forecast it will be wet all month. Finger crossed for that. We so need for this drought to be over. This past fall we got really lucky and not have any large wildfires in the surrounding areas. I hope for the same next year.

Well I better get back at it. Those chairs are not going to repair themselves.

Bev
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Bev, our house has thick natural mahogany paneling in the living areas and it is almost impossible to drive a nail into it. We wondered why the previous owner never hung up any pictures, probably because she was a single lady who did not have arms like a lumberjack.

DH and I have been atoning for spending today. He pulled all the small furniture out of his office, vacuumed and mopped the floor in there and then mopped the laundry room. I gave him a haircut, then pulled all the cushions off the living room sofa, vacuumed the frame of the sofa and conditioned all the leather cushions and the leather on the frame. The sofa looks much better.

Turns out no one is hungry tonight, so I am off the hook for cooking.
Mackie