Daily Check-in December 4, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in December 4, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:29 am Sheila, how much longer will you be on the prednisone? It comes out of the system pretty quickly once you taper down off it.

The home delivered meals plan you have in mind sounds perfect for your folks. (((Hugs)))

I slept really well. Yesterday I put more stuffing in the little pillow that supports my knees while I sleep and things felt so much better. Dora Kitty got into the scrap sheets of polyfil that were laid out on the bed while I was sewing up the pillow cover and was rolling around like it was a calendar girl photo shooto. She is so funny! She also got the very soft plush window squeegee cover out of the clean laundry pile and was hugging and nibbling it like was a kitten.

Today I have no plans except to putter productively. Trying to decide whether to make pizza or pancakes for supper. Leaning toward pizza because it would make leftovers for DS.

Hope all who are ailing feel better and you all have a restful Sunday.
A few more days, Mackie. I take 3 pills a day for 3 days, 2 pills a day for 3 days then 1 pill a day for 3 days.

I'm going to tell my parents that the meals are their Christmas and Birthday gifts - that will "soften the blow" a bit.

I have some sewing/mending projects I need to get on - thank you for the inspiration.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I found the missing tiny needle envelope. Just out of curiosity on eBay is saw a set of 2 of them for $9.99 plus $4.50 shipping. I don’t plan on buying more. It seems they are collectable.

I have changed the bed linens the clean sheets are in the dryer.

I need to decide on my dinner. I didn’t have time to cook the pot roast, so I will do that tomorrow morning.

That will give me several easy meals.

Penny
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:38 am Good morning, Logics, good morning, Floridacat, good morning everyone.

Logics, I have been doing some coloring - DD got me some nice adult coloring books for Christmas last year or the year before. Are you in a coloring group?

Florida, I love begonias - red ones, pink ones, you name it, they are so pretty.

It is the prettiest day here - cold - 39 degrees - but sunny and calm. It is nice to sit here at the window in the great room and watch the traffic (lighter on Sundays) and wonder where everyone is heading to/from - work? church? holiday shopping? breakfast with a friend?

I got another halfway decent sleep last night - that is 3 in a row - so thankful. We woke up around 6:40 and the dogs let me lay in bed till 7:00. Hope went out, fed the dogs, Hope went out again, fed the cats, Hope went out AGAIN, Lucy went out - and now the dogs are having their first nap of the day.

I need to get things in order for going back to work tomorrow. Keeping it easy - simple hair and makeup, slacks and a sweater, my new Clark's shoes (so comfortable - I say they resemble slippers, but they're not slippers). I have my soup packed for lunch and my medications packed.

Sickness-wise, I feel like I've turned yet another corner - but boy is this illness stubborn. I wish DD and her SO would have gone to the doctor - but it does seem they are getting better - so it is probably pointless now.

My dad called me this morning, gave me the new phone number to my mom's new room. They moved her to be closer to cardiac care since she has been on heart medications since 2012. He said my sister is taking good care of him and my brother took him to visit my mom the other day.

I said when I get my new tire on the car and get feeling better I will bring a meal for him and my sister, with enough for leftovers, give her a break from cooking. I will schedule the tire appointment tomorrow so hopefully that can happen this week.

Something needs to give when my mom comes home - they need to get home delivered meals or something. My mom has always been resistant to that - wants to do it all herself and then complain about doing it all herself. Also she says you "have to pay" for the HDM - you do NOT - it is a "suggested donation with nobody denied a meal due to the inability to pay".

Furthermore, since the program is one of many run by my employer, I am going to have the "suggested donation" envelopes mailed to ME and I'll take care of it. Furthermore, Medicare might pay for it - we'll have to figure it all out, but she is going to have to give a little - can't have it both ways. My sister will be run ragged doing their chores, she can't be cooking 3 meals a day for both of them (I mean yeah, she could but...).

Sorry for rambling on about all that, it helps to "talk it out". Off to browse the forum, check emails, do some surveys, wash yesterday's dishes. My goal is to stay busy with "low energy tasks" today and enjoy the sunshine. I wish each of you a peaceful, safe, blessed Sunday.
Lol, You Mom sounds kind of like my Mom, She complains about grocery shopping. I suggest the delivery service oe even the pickup service. (Cost would not be a huge issue). "No one else picks out my produce". So have the commodities delivered and go in just for your produce... Sigh. Never ending battle. Eventually I will do the grocery shopping (like SisIL did during the Pandemic) or Dad will put his foot down and order online.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello everyone,

8:30 AM Church as usual. Then to Sam's for gas ($2.87/gal), the to Kroger. Home, for breakfast, reading the paper and some cooking shows. I cleaned up the kitchen and put my car blankets in the wash as the boys used then last night to sit on while watching the parade. Now I am putting off digging into my certification book. I need to pickup a couple of shirt boxes (none in my stash) and eventually finish wrapping the gifts I have.

Later I will swing by Mom and Dad's for a visit.

Have a great day,
Maggie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Maggie, sounds like a very nice Sunday that you have going on.

I have continued to stay busy with "little tasks". Did a page in my junk journal, reorganized my craft basket. Made coffee for DD and her SO while DD was out walking Hope. It is a really nice day so I "hinted" that Hope would appreciate her walk early and it worked. :-)

I have the oven preheating to bake some "Impossible Nuggets" - I hope they are good. I picked up 2 bags yesterday while out shopping - had coupons for $1.50 off each bag.

Off to pop the nuggets into the oven and water the plants while they're cooking. So appreciative of this beautiful, sunny day!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

DH and I went to the factory direct furniture store near our house shortly after 12 and wound up picking out a leather recliner for him. The fabric one we bought cheap at Big Lots earlier this year did not work out at all: he complains that the fabric is too hot and it is too small for someone his size.

We did get a very good deal on the one today. It's an older style that is going out of fashion, so it goes well with the rest of our furniture. DS will take the fabric chair, so it's not a total loss. He's a big guy but not as large as his dad, so it ought to fit him okay.
Mackie