Daily Check-in December 4, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in December 4, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Didn't get as much sleep as the night before but enough.

Today I have my weekly chat with my friend. I also have to make my salads for the next week to 10 days.

I didn't get to my coloring page yesterday but I will make time for it today as I do have my coloring session tomorrow. I also found a book to read yesterday. I also went through and cleared out a good portion of my email mailbox. i had 89 posts in it. It's down to about 18 now and even that's too many. Have to figure a way of controlling this without accidentally getting rid of something I need for a followup or something.

Tonight I'm having mac and cheese for dinner but its Pepperjack. I thought it would be interesting. I'll have broccoli on the side.

Well that's all for now. Have a nice day.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in December 4, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning Logics and all.

I slept well. It will be another quite warm day here.

I’m planning to go to the Lowe’s garden shop and look around. I watered all my flowers yesterday and they look OK. If I see begonias that look good I’ll buy them. I have had bad luck with flowers in the big pot on the front step at mom’s house. Begonias do the best. I’m also going to replace the soil with new potting soil. I have an unopened bag in the garage. This will probably be tomorrow. I’ll also look at mulch at Lowe’s.

I had such a good day yesterday just relaxing and enjoying my tree and Christmas music. I also have a second small tree on my breakfast bar. I plan a similar day today but I also need to wash the sheets I took off the bed several days ago.

Have a good day.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Logics, good morning, Floridacat, good morning everyone.

Logics, I have been doing some coloring - DD got me some nice adult coloring books for Christmas last year or the year before. Are you in a coloring group?

Florida, I love begonias - red ones, pink ones, you name it, they are so pretty.

It is the prettiest day here - cold - 39 degrees - but sunny and calm. It is nice to sit here at the window in the great room and watch the traffic (lighter on Sundays) and wonder where everyone is heading to/from - work? church? holiday shopping? breakfast with a friend?

I got another halfway decent sleep last night - that is 3 in a row - so thankful. We woke up around 6:40 and the dogs let me lay in bed till 7:00. Hope went out, fed the dogs, Hope went out again, fed the cats, Hope went out AGAIN, Lucy went out - and now the dogs are having their first nap of the day.

I need to get things in order for going back to work tomorrow. Keeping it easy - simple hair and makeup, slacks and a sweater, my new Clark's shoes (so comfortable - I say they resemble slippers, but they're not slippers). I have my soup packed for lunch and my medications packed.

Sickness-wise, I feel like I've turned yet another corner - but boy is this illness stubborn. I wish DD and her SO would have gone to the doctor - but it does seem they are getting better - so it is probably pointless now.

My dad called me this morning, gave me the new phone number to my mom's new room. They moved her to be closer to cardiac care since she has been on heart medications since 2012. He said my sister is taking good care of him and my brother took him to visit my mom the other day.

I said when I get my new tire on the car and get feeling better I will bring a meal for him and my sister, with enough for leftovers, give her a break from cooking. I will schedule the tire appointment tomorrow so hopefully that can happen this week.

Something needs to give when my mom comes home - they need to get home delivered meals or something. My mom has always been resistant to that - wants to do it all herself and then complain about doing it all herself. Also she says you "have to pay" for the HDM - you do NOT - it is a "suggested donation with nobody denied a meal due to the inability to pay".

Furthermore, since the program is one of many run by my employer, I am going to have the "suggested donation" envelopes mailed to ME and I'll take care of it. Furthermore, Medicare might pay for it - we'll have to figure it all out, but she is going to have to give a little - can't have it both ways. My sister will be run ragged doing their chores, she can't be cooking 3 meals a day for both of them (I mean yeah, she could but...).

Sorry for rambling on about all that, it helps to "talk it out". Off to browse the forum, check emails, do some surveys, wash yesterday's dishes. My goal is to stay busy with "low energy tasks" today and enjoy the sunshine. I wish each of you a peaceful, safe, blessed Sunday.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:46 am Good morning all.

Didn't get as much sleep as the night before but enough.

Today I have my weekly chat with my friend. I also have to make my salads for the next week to 10 days.

I didn't get to my coloring page yesterday but I will make time for it today as I do have my coloring session tomorrow. I also found a book to read yesterday. I also went through and cleared out a good portion of my email mailbox. i had 89 posts in it. It's down to about 18 now and even that's too many. Have to figure a way of controlling this without accidentally getting rid of something I need for a followup or something.

Tonight I'm having mac and cheese for dinner but its Pepperjack. I thought it would be interesting. I'll have broccoli on the side.

Well that's all for now. Have a nice day.
You could try archiving those emails you might need, or making a file and moving them into that.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining, and it is the warmest I have seen the temperature at this hour in days. It is a balmy -12C (11F) and feels like -20C (-4F). This means Hubby will be using the snow blower at some point today.
I don't really have much to do today as far as household tasks. I do have to make the list for the upcoming week though. Tasks for today are clearing out the dishwasher and making the list. Not a great deal at all.

Frugally no money will be spent. In order to save the cost of cheques we will only be filling the church envelope every second week. If I could only remember I would get out the cash and not even use those cheques. Our account used to charge X amount a month as service charges now it is way different, we pay (but get back if we keep a certain amount in the account) for every transaction and the cheques must be purchased. I really am trying to cut back on their usage.

I may go shopping early this week so as to avoid the after Christmas rush to grab a bargain. I do not want to be near the stores come Boxing Day (kind of like Black Friday shopping) though for the past 8 years or so the one-day sale has been extended into a weeklong shopping extravaganza. This would mean a stock up shop the week before Christmas which works out beautifully as I can prepare for the DS's visits.

I will continue with my various projects today and hopefully get a bit more done. Still have quite a few strips to cut in order to get the cutting table ready for the pinning of the quilt. Still need to get the borders sewn on the quilt as well. Whew, I do see an end in sight but still have a way to go on both projects. Remind me to start projects well in advance of Christmas next year.

Supper tonight will be roast chicken, roasted rutabaga, and roasted carrots. We still have some salad leftover so I will add that.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine we are getting this early in the morning.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I made breakfast - "fake eggs" (bought on sale with a coupon - made from mung beans) and a biscuit. I shared the biscuit with Hope as my eyes were bigger than my stomach. Got dishes washed, put away some more dry items from the clothes drying racks.

Such beautiful sunshine today - I managed a walk to the garage and brought in the artificial tree - that is as far as it will get today, but it's in - baby steps. I am going back out in awhile to fetch the big front door wreath - it needs a couple repairs before hanging.

Lucy dog is out on the run. I just peeked out and she is just hanging out in the back lawn with a couple of cats. So cute.

I am hoping to be feeling up to having coffee with my friend this coming Friday after work. I'm going to text her and see if she is willing to play it by ear, depending on how I feel.

Again, trying to stay busy as it really helps with the extra anxiety. I appreciate being able to check in here, it helps me feel like I'm grounded and "in-touch" when I'm really feeling a bit off the rails. Darn this sickness anyway!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz