Daily Check-in December 4, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in December 4, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

Bev, Mackie, you are certainly busy and productive.

The "little tasks" continue around here as darkness falls. This is the time of day when my anxiety usually shoots up, especially when I don't have something to keep me busy and distract me. This evening I need to focus on getting to bed at a somewhat decent hour (I'm being realistic - 10-ish will be fine) because - work tomorrow.

I have heavy bags of dog food and cat food still in my car from my shopping trip yesterday. They'll keep and I'll ask DD's SO to grab them when they go out with the dogs around 8:00 - or tomorrow.

I got my plants watered, addressed a Christmas card, watched another Christmas movie on YouTube. Have otherwise been "puttering". I have a couple surveys from receipts to complete - will do those this evening. I have had the heat off all day due to the mild temperature but may turn it on in my bedroom to take the chill off before bedtime.

Brought the giant door wreath in - have repairs to do on it - but not tonight. Hope you are all having a pleasant evening - I will check in before bed.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I have now got enough strips cut to last for at least 8 days. I also got the border on the quilt.

But when I went to cook the chicken, discovered that the oven has cratered on me once again (worked just fine last night). Had to go down to the storage shelves and bring up the electric roaster. The chicken is now cooking away. Hopefully it will be done on time. In about an hour I will add the carrots and rutabaga to the pan.

Baking is going to be a problem once again but at least I have the toaster oven...... Sure it will take double the usual length of time, but hey what is a girl supposed to do. I suppose instead of making double batches of things that need baking I will make do with single batches of the various cookies and tarts. I do have a couple of square recipes that I need to bake but my one large pan does fit in the toaster oven. It just means baking and cutting and storing before doing another batch. I just said to Hubby that it is a darn good thing I have all these appliances to work with (many of which he said were unnecessary).

I got my list made up for next week's household task, made my grocery list (final touches will be done tomorrow), and actually got out for a coffee with a friend this morning.

Lights have been off for most of the day, and since it has been very sunny, I have had the drapes open and used the solar heat to keep the furnace from running.

In just a little while I will sit and knit for a bit before setting the table, or I could do that first.

Off to replan how I am going to get my Christmas baking done. If the oven is not fixed cinnamon buns will not be made.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Sheila you sound like you are perking up! I hope your kids are well on the mend also.
Spent all afternoon at the DD's, we finally got the 80# of pork loin ground and made into 40# of breakfast sausage and 40 # of pork burger. We were supposed to do it this last week but everyone was too tired and it was frozen hard as a brick. Worked out great to do it today.

I have the utility room all ready for the appliance repairman tomorrow and after he leaves here, he has to stop at DD's to look at the fridge...it just does not seem to be cold enough. Hoping it just needs a shot of freon or something simple. Home maintenance is not for wussies.

Can't find any good bargains in the grocery ads this week, ham is on sale but will only get one as it is not a favorite for me or son in law. The rest of them like it for sandwiches and such but none of us eat it as a main dish meat. Bone will become ham and beans at some point.

So depending on how long I have the repairman here and IF I have to go to the DD's for him to deal with the fridge or if he will be there before Son in law has to go to work on second shift...I have no idea what I will be able to get done tomorrow. Just having these repairs crossed off my list will be a huge help.
I will move my errands to Tuesday, need to get my list made and my route mapped out.

Off to read and catch up,
JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:26 am Yes, I am in a coloring group. I've been a member for about 5 years now. It's a chance for me to get out once a week but it does break for summer and winter. I have tomorrow and the week after and then I don't think we start again until February.
That sounds really nice, Logics. I hope you will pardon some more questions. Where do you all get your coloring pages/books? Do people color with different things - crayons? pencils? gel pens? What do you use?

Just curious because I am experimenting with various types of coloring books, pens, pencils, crayons, even making my own "coloring sheets" when I can find a nice flat piece of cardboard (such as from a cereal box). I have turned out a couple very nice pages from color books that I ended up pasting into my junk journal because I really liked them.

Thanks for any info!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:01 pm Salut mes amis!

I got home from babysitting Franki and Cocoa about 5:30 last night. I made a stop at Safeway, again, to get rice and milk. I want to make cappuccinos this week. I don't drink milk. I will have it in a cappuccino, pudding or use it for baking but we just didn't drink a lot of milk growing up so it's never been a habit.

I had such a fun two days with my little furry friends. I just love all these doggos and kittehs like my very own. I hope Kendall is used to all of Cocoa's hair on the floor. She wanted to be cuddled and pet but with every pet came a lot of fur and dander. I wish they had a brush and I'd brush out some of that.

I was so tired when I got home, I sat in my recliner to watch a show and conked right out for a couple of hours. I had a tuna sandwich for supper, stayed up a bit longer and then crawled off to bed. I didn't get anything done that I thought I would but oh, well, it happens.

Today is football Sunday. The first game, starting at noon, is the Minnesota Vikings vs New York Jets. The next game is the Kansas City Chiefs vs Cleveland Browns. I haven't looked to see what tonight's game is yet. I will get some extremely minor things done today like wipe down the bathroom mirror and shine up the espresso machine during half-times. But, I've decided that Sunday is football and that's that.

I am glad to hear people are feeling better. Sheila, take it easy as you go back to work. I'd suggest taking some of the Gatorade or adult Pedialyte with you to help you continue to remain hydrated. Offices can be notorious for dry air. I am glad to hear your DD and her SO are on the mend. I am sorry it is slow going for them.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Got the Chiefs in the wrong corner of the state, They played the Cincinnati Bengals. Ohio teams, both founded by Paul Brown, similar colors...
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:01 pm Salut mes amis!

I got home from babysitting Franki and Cocoa about 5:30 last night. I made a stop at Safeway, again, to get rice and milk. I want to make cappuccinos this week. I don't drink milk. I will have it in a cappuccino, pudding or use it for baking but we just didn't drink a lot of milk growing up so it's never been a habit.

I had such a fun two days with my little furry friends. I just love all these doggos and kittehs like my very own. I hope Kendall is used to all of Cocoa's hair on the floor. She wanted to be cuddled and pet but with every pet came a lot of fur and dander. I wish they had a brush and I'd brush out some of that.

I was so tired when I got home, I sat in my recliner to watch a show and conked right out for a couple of hours. I had a tuna sandwich for supper, stayed up a bit longer and then crawled off to bed. I didn't get anything done that I thought I would but oh, well, it happens.

Today is football Sunday. The first game, starting at noon, is the Minnesota Vikings vs New York Jets. The next game is the Kansas City Chiefs vs Cleveland Browns. I haven't looked to see what tonight's game is yet. I will get some extremely minor things done today like wipe down the bathroom mirror and shine up the espresso machine during half-times. But, I've decided that Sunday is football and that's that.

I am glad to hear people are feeling better. Sheila, take it easy as you go back to work. I'd suggest taking some of the Gatorade or adult Pedialyte with you to help you continue to remain hydrated. Offices can be notorious for dry air. I am glad to hear your DD and her SO are on the mend. I am sorry it is slow going for them.

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Dallas Cowboys at 7:20 central time.