Daily Check-in December 4, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-in December 4, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

UGH - the kiddos came back with the dogs from their evening walk rather quickly - there are a couple random dogs out running around that would not leave them alone - not worth the risk. They went back out to scout the location of the dogs and called the dog catcher. The dog catcher picks them up and houses them for the night, then they go to the local SPCA where the owners have to pay $40 to get them back. Sorry, not sorry, it is not okay when people can't walk their dogs.

I am starting to feel tired but not tired enough yet. I have been putting a Christmas movie on VERY LOW volume at night, turning my back to it and going to sleep that way. I am not a believer in falling asleep to media but whatever works. It worked like a charm the last two nights and I leave the laptop unplugged so when the battery runs out it shuts down.

I need to have a light meal or snack - maybe some soup.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:43 pm Got the Chiefs in the wrong corner of the state, They played the Cincinnati Bengals. Ohio teams, both founded by Paul Brown, similar colors...
Thanks! LOL I always get those two confused. Both teams are playing well this year.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:53 pm Dallas Cowboys at 7:20 central time.
Half-time and the game has been going back and forth! Nail biting! I sure hope the Cowboys win tonight!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:58 pm Half-time and the game has been going back and forth! Nail biting! I sure hope the Cowboys win tonight!

MJ
Dallas fans thought it would be an easy win - but nope.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:35 pm Dallas fans thought it would be an easy win - but nope.
54-19 Dallas wins - now time to got to sleep :mrgreen:
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:35 pm That sounds really nice, Logics. I hope you will pardon some more questions. Where do you all get your coloring pages/books? Do people color with different things - crayons? pencils? gel pens? What do you use?

Just curious because I am experimenting with various types of coloring books, pens, pencils, crayons, even making my own "coloring sheets" when I can find a nice flat piece of cardboard (such as from a cereal box). I have turned out a couple very nice pages from color books that I ended up pasting into my junk journal because I really liked them.

Thanks for any info!
I have gotten my coloring books from various sources (dollar stores, directly from author's site, Amazon, Dover Publications). The majority of the pages I color I've downloaded from Pinterest. I actually have been disappointed with buying complete coloring books because I rarely find enough pages of interest to justify the price. I have given away about 2 dozen of them but have kept about 15 of them. The Recreation Manager also makes copies of pages for us to pick and choose from and these she also gets from Pinterest.

I have colored only in 2 of my coloring books, 1 a dollar store book which use very thin paper and print on both sides and another one I purchased from Five Below several years ago. I don't usually color in my books and have done so in only 2 of them. My reasoning for this is that I have what I call failures and if I had one in a coloring book I truly liked I wouldn't be able to keep it as I feel I ruined the entire book. When I want to color a page from one of them, I scan it and print on cover stock, Neenah Bright White, 65 lb. I've found that the color lays down better. And the color moves easier when you're using a transparent color blender.

My group colors a little bit of everything. Some have actually bought picture frames and ornaments that you color. We use gel pens, glitter pens, watercolor pencils, and wax and oil based pencils. And yes, we did have a member use crayons when she came to the group and had forgotten her pencils during a period of COVID when the library wasn't putting their supplies out for use. I started using colored pencils and did experiment with the glitter and nonglitter gel pens, but had so many problems with them I gave up. I threw two sets out in the garbage. I also find in coloring with gel pens the picture looks "flat". But with colored pencil, you can make images appear 2 and 3 dimensional.

I also have gone a bit overboard with my pencil collection and know I will never use all of them but I haven't treated myself with something in a long time and felt that it was time. I keep Crayola, Craz-e-Art, Derwent, Feela, Shuttle Art, Prismacolor, StarJoy, Kalour, Soucolor, Guang-Hui, CCFound and a brand named DBDSZYH. I also have 3 sets of watercolor pencils.