Daily Check In December 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In December 5, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie (((Hugs)))

I am back from running errands. Never got to Aldi because the rain became a torrent and I had to wade through an ankle-deep lake to get to my car in the parking lot at Ollie's. The idea of shopping in freezing, squishy wet shoes was very unpleasant, plus it was time to feed the dogs, so I came home.

Ollie's had cherry pie filling back in stock, so I got two cans for Christmas baking. Bought DS a bale of socks there and found another of those wave-shaped scratching boards for Dora Kitty at a price much cheaper than Chewy. No dog treats I would risk buying due to Lily's allergies, though. Also no cat treats Ollie would eat, as he likes only the hard kind or Temptations.

I put on dry slacks, socks and my fluffy slippers when I came home, but my feet are blocks of ice! That's a pretty cold rain falling out there. Hope you all stay snug.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Well my day didn't get better, but it is now.

I was getting ready for the worker person to get here. I was in the bathroom and started my usual convulsing issues - gerd and hiatal hernia I think causes this.

The COD heard me and said I needed to go to the ER. Having trouble breathing also.

So off we go. Didn't take long for them to see. All the testing took longer. Bloodwork, EKG, sonogram, chest ex-ray.

Weird they were all okay. Ok - whatever. I will have to make an appointment with a new doctor. The one I used here before retired.

I feel okay now.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:55 pm Well my day didn't get better, but it is now.

I was getting ready for the worker person to get here. I was in the bathroom and started my usual convulsing issues - gerd and hiatal hernia I think causes this.

The COD heard me and said I needed to go to the ER. Having trouble breathing also.

So off we go. Didn't take long for them to see. All the testing took longer. Bloodwork, EKG, sonogram, chest ex-ray.

Weird they were all okay. Ok - whatever. I will have to make an appointment with a new doctor. The one I used here before retired.

I feel okay now.
That is scary, especially the trouble breathing. I know you’ve said that Covid is still affecting you so maybe it’s all related.

Glad you are feeling better!
floridacatlover

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:03 pm Maggie (((Hugs)))

I am back from running errands. Never got to Aldi because the rain became a torrent and I had to wade through an ankle-deep lake to get to my car in the parking lot at Ollie's. The idea of shopping in freezing, squishy wet shoes was very unpleasant, plus it was time to feed the dogs, so I came home.

Ollie's had cherry pie filling back in stock, so I got two cans for Christmas baking. Bought DS a bale of socks there and found another of those wave-shaped scratching boards for Dora Kitty at a price much cheaper than Chewy. No dog treats I would risk buying due to Lily's allergies, though. Also no cat treats Ollie would eat, as he likes only the hard kind or Temptations.

I put on dry slacks, socks and my fluffy slippers when I came home, but my feet are blocks of ice! That's a pretty cold rain falling out there. Hope you all stay snug.
Dutch friend’s cat Echo ate Fancy Feast treats that look like small squares of chocolate. Dutch friend calls them his “cookies,” so I called them that, too. When I visited Ollie’s here, they had a ton of those treats in all different flavors. It made me think the company was clearing them out because they are not popular so I hope that Echo can continue getting them.

I tried giving Echo Temptations and he ate them but liked his “cookies” better. Pippi was crazy about Temptations and I’m so glad I discontinued the thyroid food the last year and a half so she could again eat the Temptations. The last day or two when she wouldn’t even eat the Temptations I knew it was time to say goodbye.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:24 pm That is scary, especially the trouble breathing. I know you’ve said that Covid is still affecting you so maybe it’s all related.

Glad you are feeling better!
They didn't even do a COVID test - weird.
floridacatlover

I’m home from mom’s house. I didn’t do a lot. I did replace the soil in the pot on the step but threw away the plant because it was dead. Then I cleaned out the small garden near the step and did a bit in the backyard.

On the way, I drove into Walmart with the idea of buying a few groceries that are cheaper there. Parking lot was packed so I decided to place a pickup order instead and will go back there later today.

I’m going outside now to plant the salvia in a pot I got from mom’s house.

I found out that I got $38 credit on the sewer portion of the water/sewer bill the month I got a larger bill because of the broken pipe. So it was worth it to submit the plumbing bills.