Daily Check In December 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 5, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get some coffee. Back soon I hope.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 5, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Not too bad temperature wise, but those are supposed to drop, and Tuesday night will see us hitting a low of -32C. I believe I just might go out shopping today after I get a few household tasks completed and Hubby wakes up enough to help me roll up the door to our ShelterIt.

Today is a busy day as well. My tasks for today are dusting, vacuuming, sweeping/mopping the floors, deep cleaning the kitchen sinks and counters, deep cleaning the bathroom, baking bread, laundry, taking the garbage bin to the curb, and since my grocery list is completed (at least I hope) going shopping if possible.

I would like to get the flimsy ironed as well as the backing and perhaps get them sandwiched. I just might use some spray glue before pinning. That would speed things up a little. If I don't get that accomplished, I at least plan on getting the leftover 4" squares and a few other sewing accoutrements picked up and put away for a bit. I shall also fold up some of the scrap knit fabric and get it into the storage box sitting by my bookcase. Kind of a tidy up of my working area. Then I will make another mess. ;)

I think that Hubby will probably be taking a look at the oven again today and finishing the snow blowing. While a bit chilly today it is going to be worse yet tomorrow. I figure we should also fill the bird feeder as well. Mind you the sparrows that are visiting are pretty darn fat.

Frugally what can be hung up downstairs will be, if it is sunny the drapes in the house will be opened to take advantage of the light and heat. I will be using things up in the fridge, baking bread (much less cost when compared to purchasing), sticking to my shopping list (if I manage to get out shopping), and buying most items on sale. Pretty much the usual around here.

I will probably do my cooking for today using appliances. This means removing the leftover casserole from one container to a smaller one in order that it fits into the toaster oven or can be used in the microwave. The bread will not only be made in the bread machine but baked in it as well (been doing that for a while now).

Supper tonight is the leftover sausage casserole. Lots of veggies in it so I do not have to make any sides.

Better get my rear in gear as the saying goes and get started on the chores.

Today I am grateful that my shoulder, neck and arm feel slightly better today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good morning, Jackie and everyone. Jackie, glad you have lower pain today - don't overdo it!

It was tough, tough, tough to get out of my cozy bed this morning. The dogs were sleeping so peacefully, all of us covered by a big plaid throw that DD loaned to me - it is light weight but so warm and I was so comfortable. Oh well - the show much go on.

I warmed up a little leftover coffee then switched to green tea - I'm on my third cup of that. I have some makeup on and put a few curls in my hair - good enough. I am still in my clean pajamas and robe (showered late yesterday) and dread the cold when I have to get dressed!

It just got daylight and I am watching the "Monday Traffic" out the kitchen window - it will soon be time to join in. I am glad my commute is only one mile.

I wish you all a Marvelous, Miserly Monday. Have a wonderful and blessed day!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Cold today but starting to adapt.

Monday morning routine is complete.

Today is my Monday Chat and my Coloring Group session.

Dinner tonight is scrambled eggs with bacon. The other day last week when I was planning on "breakfast for dinner" I opted for a chicken thigh with veggies.

Well that's all for now. Have a wonderful day.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I am a little down today. I got married 30 years ago today. I dislike the idea that my marriage did not last for forever. But I am better off now, mentally, emotionally and mostly financially.

Quiet at work today so studying. Ugh. Not really motivated. But I must persevere. Tonight I have my monthly investment club meeting.

Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:18 am Good Morning,

I am a little down today. I got married 30 years ago today. I dislike the idea that my marriage did not last for forever. But I am better off now, mentally, emotionally and mostly financially.

Quiet at work today so studying. Ugh. Not really motivated. But I must persevere. Tonight I have my monthly investment club meeting.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Big hug to you Maggie!