Daily Check In December 5, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In December 5, 2022

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:36 pm They didn't even do a COVID test - weird.
Surprising!

When I went for my mammogram, that was the first time since Covid started that a mask wasn’t required at the imaging place where I had previous mammograms and imaging related to the kidney.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, that is scary! Thank goodness you are going to the doctor.

FloridaCat, Ollie's Outlet had those little Fancy Feast treats that look like tiny squares of chocolate. Ollie Cat won't eat soft treats. He likes those Friskies crunchy treats too and they usually have those, but not today.

The store was loaded up with Christmas stuff. Not a lot of pet stuff was there right now.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:55 pm Well my day didn't get better, but it is now.

I was getting ready for the worker person to get here. I was in the bathroom and started my usual convulsing issues - gerd and hiatal hernia I think causes this.

The COD heard me and said I needed to go to the ER. Having trouble breathing also.

So off we go. Didn't take long for them to see. All the testing took longer. Bloodwork, EKG, sonogram, chest ex-ray.

Weird they were all okay. Ok - whatever. I will have to make an appointment with a new doctor. The one I used here before retired.

I feel okay now.
Wow, Clem. So glad the COD was with you at the time. Rest tonight.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:40 pm Surprising!

When I went for my mammogram, that was the first time since Covid started that a mask wasn’t required at the imaging place where I had previous mammograms and imaging related to the kidney.
yes when we were going to this hospital with my sibling - they had masks available at every entrance. They were required.

Now even the nurses and doctors don't wear them. We kept ours on.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

My last doctor visit, I wore a mask until the doc came in the exam room without one.

To update my day, I took up the living room rug and scrubbed it back and front with a brush and hot detergent water. Goldie Dog has peed on it so many times that it stinks, even though we cleaned it with Resolve for pet accidents. The rug pad was run through the washer with an enzymatic detergent, and I mopped the floor with Odo-Ban cleaner.

I dashed out in the rain to rinse the rug with the hose and then laid it out on the garden bench in the rain. When it stops raining, DH can clamp it to the fence and dry it with the leaf blower enough to bring it in the house and finish drying.

Should the rug survive that, it ought to smell much better. If it still stinks, it will go down to curb to live with someone with a poor sense of smell. :D
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I looked up hiatal hernia on facebook and found some interesting groups.

Most have had surgery - i really do not want to go that route.