Daily Check In December 6, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In December 6, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Sheila, I am so glad you are on the mend and taking good care of yourself. Plod like a turtle, hon, and you will get there. (((Hugs)))

MJ, that is great about your finds at the food pantry and the good meeting with the nutitionist. Clem, darling, I sure hope you feel better soon.

The rug I cleaned by unconventional methods yesterday is drying nicely in the garage with a couple of box fans blowing on it. At least we know now that we can clean a larger rug thoroughly. Life with Goldie Dog makes that necessary. She lives up to her nickname of Arctic Psycho Pup by peeing on anything on the floor that our oldest dog is sleeping on.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:30 pm Update

Supper is cooking away in the toaster oven. I will be steaming the corn in the microwave pretty soon. I just did not feel like making a salad tonight. Perhaps later on.

Temperature dropping rapidly, we will soon be hitting that -35C. Brrr.
Jackie, it sounds like you have a nice cozy environment in your home, despite the cold outside your door. I made a quick meal of macaroni and tomatoes and gave into my craving for something sweet by indulging in a hot chocolate for dessert.

Dishes are done, floors are cleaned - I just have about another half hour to pass before I get in bed with a movie or show. I can move some things around on my clothes drying racks and put some dry items away. I don't feel like coloring or anything of that sort tonight.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Checking back in

Went to the bible study and now know how to ready the Christmas decorations for the tree (cross stitch and needle point that I don't do) so I can do that on Thursday since the gal in charge cannot be there as she is having elbow surgers.

Then I did a quick run to Walmart which I never do and I remember why, lol, because all the checkouts are self scan! U git tiwi if tgeur great vakye fanukt dubbers (chicken and stuffing bake and shepherds pie) plus eggs and a couple other things.

since then I have been organizing in the sewing room, I need to make a list of what I am going to do and start my day there tomorrow. Tonight I will have a little bit of one of the casseroles (I had soup for lunch) that is in the oven, spent time online and knit I suppose.

My women's group has a lunch tomorrow but no one is signed up so I will cancel it in the morning. I have about fifty people signed up for my meetup, but sometimes I have events with one or two, or less, so Ineed to work on more planning and ideas.

I'm exhausted and in a little pain today, but I am also happy that I know now why I am always feeling tired.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Runoff election in Georgia today for Senator.

Wonder how that will turn out.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:54 pm Runoff election in Georgia today for Senator.

Wonder how that will turn out.
Yikes! As of 9:13 with 74% of the vote in, Walker is ahead but it is by less than a point. I have thought all along that Warnock would win but maybe not.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:16 pm Yikes! As of 9:13 with 74% of the vote in, Walker is ahead but it is by less than a point. I have thought all along that Warnock would win but maybe not.
he's ahead now.