Daily Check in Dec 7, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in Dec 7, 2022

Post by Grannysewstoys »

A quiet day he other than struggling to pack up my Singer Featherweight for shipping.

Trouble is when wrapped as directed it does't easily fit in the black wooden case. Once I can close the case I have to wrap the case in bubble wrap.

Then pack it in the carton and weigh it Then let the Featherweight shop know the weight and the carton dimensions.

Then I will be able to ship it.

My daughter said she would help.

Penny
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Update:

Did half an hour of pt exercises and weight bearing stuff. Sheets washed and ready to go in the dryer, I will see if I have enough to reload another load. Picked up but didnot offically "clean" the bathroom cause no swiffers. made my bed so I can jump in it tonight, lol. Opened and pulled out dishwasher racks so that everything will finishe drying.

I do believe these days I am at one hour of activity for a minimum of two sitting down and or legs up. This is just peachy for me for now. Im on the computer and when I get up and am ready to grab lunch I will move to the sewing room.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Update:

Welp, the van wouldn't start. I had it plugged in all night and that -45C windchill we had overnight? Well, it didn't like that at all! I've messaged Zoe asking if she can provide a boost to the van when she is done teaching for the day. I haven't heard back yet.

If it is as cold as last night, even if I get a booster start from Zoe today, the van might not start tomorrow either. I have set-up a back-up plan with little Charlee Girl's Dad. If it doesn't start tomorrow, I'll contact him and he will give me a ride to Franki and Cocoa's house and pick me up on Friday afternoon. I babysit Charlee starting on Sunday for 3 days. I told them I'd only take two days of moolah. It's all the way across town and then some to get to Franki Boi's house from Charlee Girl's house!

All this stuff really wears me out. I'm thinking a nap is in order. Yah, I think so!

I sure hope Zoe can help but if not? I have a back-up plan.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:04 pm Update:

Welp, the van wouldn't start. I had it plugged in all night and that -45C windchill we had overnight? Well, it didn't like that at all! I've messaged Zoe asking if she can provide a boost to the van when she is done teaching for the day. I haven't heard back yet.

If it is as cold as last night, even if I get a booster start from Zoe today, the van might not start tomorrow either. I have set-up a back-up plan with little Charlee Girl's Dad. If it doesn't start tomorrow, I'll contact him and he will give me a ride to Franki and Cocoa's house and pick me up on Friday afternoon. I babysit Charlee starting on Sunday for 3 days. I told them I'd only take two days of moolah. It's all the way across town and then some to get to Franki Boi's house from Charlee Girl's house!

All this stuff really wears me out. I'm thinking a nap is in order. Yah, I think so!

I sure hope Zoe can help but if not? I have a back-up plan.

MJ
With those frigid temperatures, I don’t know how anyone’s vehicle starts even with the plug in! Good luck, MJ!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:31 pm Update:

Did half an hour of pt exercises and weight bearing stuff. Sheets washed and ready to go in the dryer, I will see if I have enough to reload another load. Picked up but didnot offically "clean" the bathroom cause no swiffers. made my bed so I can jump in it tonight, lol. Opened and pulled out dishwasher racks so that everything will finishe drying.

I do believe these days I am at one hour of activity for a minimum of two sitting down and or legs up. This is just peachy for me for now. Im on the computer and when I get up and am ready to grab lunch I will move to the sewing room.
Quilter, the other day you mentioned changes to Amazon music. I have not kept up. What are the changes? I have Prime. What does that entitle me too with the Music?

When I bought the Tony Bennett cd the other day I got an email saying I was entitled to three months free of Amazon Music. I got a similar letter today so they are really pushing it. Is this worth it or does it duplicate what I have with Prime. My Prime runs out in February and I might not renew if that makes a difference. Thanks.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Since the weather is still nice around here and we have finally been getting some rain - the grass was getting wild.

Thankfully my sibling was able to come over and mow it today!