Daily Check in Dec 7, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in Dec 7, 2022

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal ones. It's wet and gray here, but not cold. Yesterday afternoon was odd in that the temp was warm enough to have daytime fog roll in. That was weird.

The little dogs are snuggled with me while I drink my coffee. I have a few household chores to do today, but not much. Do have to make a Christmas shopping list, as I still need to buy some items for Christmas breakfast.

Last night I ordered a rug for the den from Kohl's on sale with a 20% coupon. The same rug was on Wayfair, where I had originally seen it, for more than we could afford to spend. It was less than half that price at Kohl's with free shipping.

Today I need to go to Walgreens to get paper towels on sale. I had stocked up, but a side effect of Goldie Dog being on prednisone for her injured back is that it makes her pee lake-sized puddles that overflow the potty pads. We have been going through nearly a roll of towels a day cleaning up after her. The Walgreens own brand is perfectly good for cleaning up pet messes and a little cooking use, which is pretty much all we use paper towels for.

I have a little sewing project to work on and will go hunt through my fabric stash to see if there's enough on hand to do it.

Hope you all have a good and peaceful day, and all who are ailing feel better.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:40 am Logics..catching up here and will of course send prayers for little Nico.
Thanks, Chistmas. The family will be much appreciated.

BTW, how is your husband doing?
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Like a few others, it's wet and gray here but not cold, 68 degrees. A little foggy at the moment but I expect some of that will burn off. I do not miss living further north, Just saying.

Today my house goals are to rotate a load of laundry, do a quick bathroom pickup and do some bedroom organizing if I have the time. I also need to get back in to the full PT at home routine full out even if I am not walking alot on the bad days.

I also have both sewing and knitting projects I want to work on..some Small christmas projects mainly and the beginning of a new art quilt.

I put some things on my buy nothing group and will get them ready to put out for pickup on the patio.

The new memory man book is ready from the library so I will probably also start that and or start a new Great courses class

Dinner is a turkey dressing casserole meal that I got from Walmart yesterday-they have a few really good family sized casseroles and this is one-which I will have with veg and fruit and perhaps a single sugar cookie if I have done all my exercising.

Happy not to have to leave my small abode today!!
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Mackie, I buy the people chair size pads for when my scottie has issues and can't make it outside. He also can pee a lake size puddle and they hold a lot! I get them at the dollar general.
I slept well and even though I had some weird dreams but they weren't upsetting just weird.
I have been puttering around this morning, I have already made a trip to the recycle depot and since the weather is not cold just grey and gloomy I want to spend some time in the garage putting stuff away. "Someone" has been just shoving stuff in there and not putting it away.... :roll:

I need to slice the roast beef and make some brown gravy, cooled it overnight in the fridge for easy thin slicing. Contemplating doing a ham and slicing....but need to remember the kids are having fridge issues and they are using the small fridge which does not have a bunch of room...

This is what I call the dirty looking time of the year, everything is dull brown and grey. It looks messy in the flower beds and I miss the color of flowers and plants.
I might make a trip to the library tomorrow. Need to find my list of book titles that sparked my interest.
I got a lemon and a lime tree, have been reading up on their care and I need to find a fertilizer for their requirements...or make some. They have baby fruits on them and flowers. they are supposed to be self pollinating. So interesting.
Off to get started again.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

It is a nice sunny day - another 80 degrees here.

I woke up feeling so much better. Didn't have those convulsive breathing episodes. Guess the Prilosec worked. Producing too much stomach acid messing with my hernia - pushing that up into my esophagus. To me I think this all happens when I am lying down and then when I get up - things get wacky. But will have to do more doctoring to see what is going on.

I slept okay - except having to get up every now and then to use the facilities. I stayed in bed until 10. Had to get up to let the pups out.

Going to rest again today.

Have a good one.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne matin toute le monde!

Like Jackie's weather it is -30C with a -40C windchill factor. We are not as cold as Jackie's town but it is still quite brutal out there! I have to go out today and pick-up my free Airplane CD. That works out because I'll get the van started and won't have to worry about finding a jumper cable booster! I'm to go for 12:30 pm.

Today? The most dreaded task, aside from cleaning ice off of the vehicle in the winter, emptying the dishwasher! UGH! It has to be done though since I have some dishes go go in it and I want to clear the counter of them.

I didn't get the Blu-ray DVD player set-up yet. I have to do so this afternoon if I have the wires to do so. I can't imagine they've gone anywhere since I unplugged the old 1,000 pound TV and got this flat screen for free with my Shoppers Drug Mart points. I sure hope I hook it up correctly. It would be nice to watch a movie tonight.

I've been enjoying making cappuccinos in the morning. The new espresso maker is awesome and gets the milk so frothy and hot so quickly! It's amazing. I love it!

I thawed out some chili to have tomorrow night during the football game. I was putting the bread that I got yesterday in the freezer this morning when I realized I have to enjoy it for supper tonight as I am babysitting my little Franki Boi and his Kitty Cocoa tomorrow and Friday. I'll have to contact Kendall and find out if there will be a place for me to plug in the van overnight. It's not going to get warm enough to leave it uplugged. I'd be scared it wouldn't start if I don't have it plugged in. I'll contact her this afternoon.

That's as much as I am doing today. OH! No, it's not! I have to get my Christmas Cards and my gift certificates sent out to my little furry friends and their pawrents. I won't be mailing them until after I finish babysitting Charlee Girl next week. I want them to get there without me being around to ruin the holiday card and present for my little furry ones! I have a few i could mail right away, just not Franki Boi's and Charlee's.

Jackie! Thank you so much for the beautiful Christmas card. It has a Cardinal on it and there is some saying that is "when a cardinal is near a loved one is too." Today, would have been my Daddy-o's 96th birthday. I'll do something else to remember him, your card was lovely for that too!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.