Daily Check in Dec 7, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Dec 7, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Dec 7, 2022

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi again,

It is foggy and rainy again today. Yuck.

I got most of wrapping completed last night. I need to get a couple of shirt boxes to finish. Tomorrow, after Mass for the Holy day and since I am off, I will put up my tree.

As for today, well work on my study notes for my certification exam.
Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Bitterly cold today at -35C (-31F) with the windchill factored in -46C (-51F). The temperatures are supposed to get much better after this as long as this vortex keeps right on chugging along. Still there will be no going outside today for anyone here if they do not have to.

I plan on doing a bit more baking and candy making today between bouts of rug making and hand quilting. My household task list is small so I should be able to start on things pretty early. I have dusting, extra cleaning (things I do once a month), and unfinished, which today means a bit of mending. Not really much in the grand scheme of things. I could even start the baking in between bits of those tasks. The toaster oven does take a bit longer than a regular oven, but not much.

Frugally, since sane people will be staying in unless they need to be out and about doing their jobs (and even those are slightly curtailed until the wind dissipates) very little cash will be spent. I will update the Kobo desktop app and my Kobo ereader perhaps downloading a few free to me books. Getting pretty low on reading material on it. There are some really good deals right now so I may purchase a couple of those great deals. I may try to use one of the gift cards I got for Christmas last year and see if I can get it to work, if not I will use my card and get them anyhow.

Supper tonight is going to be soup and sandwiches. Nothing special but something to keep us warm. Comfort food is perfect on days like today.

Today I am grateful to be bundled up in a shawl, safely tucked in my nice warm home.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I slept well. I’m planning a lazy day. I’ll do some laundry and make a list of grocery sale items that start tomorrow.

I received the home insurance bill for mom’s house. I’m very happy that I don’t have to do a home inspection, maybe next year. It is not due until late January. The account I use for mom’s house is getting low (property taxes, pipe line and now insurance) so I’ll have to transfer money soon but now that savings rates are higher I’ll be especially conscious of not keeping extra money in my checking accounts (0% interest).

I’m glad that Warnock won.

Stay warm and healthy everyone. (Clem and I don’t have to worry about the “keeping warm” part. My a/c is still running.)
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Thanks, Happy for your prayers for little Nico. Right now all we know is that they are trying to schedule the surgery as quickly as possible. The issue is the result of a birth defect, the esophagus did not connect properly to the stomach causing difficulty in breathing. I think it's called Esophageal Atresia.

Cloudy now but expected to rain a bit later and then it's supposed to remain dry until Sunday.

Today's routine is done so the rest of the day is mine. I'll do some reading, play some computer games and work on some coloring. I also have some finances to enter into the computer.

Tonight's dinner is a hamburger with chili and another vegetable.

Have a good day all.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:24 am Good morning all.

Thanks, Happy for your prayers for little Nico. Right now all we know is that they are trying to schedule the surgery as quickly as possible. The issue is the result of a birth defect, the esophagus did not connect properly to the stomach causing difficulty in breathing. I think it's called Esophageal Atresia.

Cloudy now but expected to rain a bit later and then it's supposed to remain dry until Sunday.

Today's routine is done so the rest of the day is mine. I'll do some reading, play some computer games and work on some coloring. I also have some finances to enter into the computer.

Tonight's dinner is a hamburger with chili and another vegetable.

Have a good day all.
Logics..catching up here and will of course send prayers for little Nico.