Daily Check in Dec 7, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check in Dec 7, 2022

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:15 pm With those frigid temperatures, I don’t know how anyone’s vehicle starts even with the plug in! Good luck, MJ!

UPDATE!!

Zoe got my request for a battery boost is she had time. She came and we got the van boosted. As soon as she got the jumper cables on, it turned right over. That's because she has a new battery that is very cold rated and the one in the van? Not so much! LOL

I ran the van on "the circuit" like I did last winter to boost the battery charge. I have it plugged in again and if it won't start tomorrow? I have a back-up ride to Franki Boi and Cocoa's house. Whew! So, I'll go out sometime around noon and see if it will start. If it does, I'll take it on "the circuit" again so that the battery is as charged as possible and then go to Franki and Cocoa's house. I just sent a message to their Mom asking if there is a place up there where I can plug the van in overnight. I sure hope so or Franki and I will be out there at Midnight turning it over and hoping it starts at night and then again in the afternoon when I am scheduled to be home! Cars and winter. UGH!

Yes, Florida, it's amazing how cold it gets and that wind really takes it down much further! I'm hoping to get a battery blanket for it in January. A battery blanket goes around the battery and is an "electric blanket" that keeps the battery warm. If a battery gets too cold it loses it's power and thus, without enough? I am stranded! LOL

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:22 pm Quilter, the other day you mentioned changes to Amazon music. I have not kept up. What are the changes? I have Prime. What does that entitle me too with the Music?

When I bought the Tony Bennett cd the other day I got an email saying I was entitled to three months free of Amazon Music. I got a similar letter today so they are really pushing it. Is this worth it or does it duplicate what I have with Prime. My Prime runs out in February and I might not renew if that makes a difference. Thanks.
I am unclear as to all the changes. they added a gazillion new pieces of music in an effort to keep subscribers. But, but but, you cannot just ask them to play one song. I used to be able to say Alexa, play the song Sway. Now when I say that it's a bunch of songs in play list.in the old prime, you could download albums and create your own playlists. Now They shuffle their own music, which is not terrible, but I made my damned playlist because that's what I wanted. In other words, all requests are now in shuffle mode. In my case I can also listen to pandora play lists and so on, but if Prime music were one of my reasons for paying, I would not any more. It was just a sideline for me. I primarily have it for the TV streaming and the photo storage and delivery.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Greetings, frugal ones. Got my tire put on this morning then had a good day at work. I was locked out when I got home but all was forgiven fast when I realized that DD had already scooped the kitty litter and vacuumed the surrounding area (I think she is afraid I'm going to toss kitty out - I am really not - I just like to complain about her).

Rainy this evening. I'm going to make a quick supper of hash browns and toast and make an early night of it. I was awake off and on from 3:00 this morning but did manage to stay in bed and get some good dozing done.

My mom came home from the hospital today - that's really all I know about that. It's my brother's birthday - I sent him a text "Happy Birthday Baby Brother" and he said it's weird to be called baby brother when you turn 56, lol.

Off I go - I am very hungry. Have a good, safe night.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

It is warming up and hopefully the vortex has or is moving on and the extreme cold warning has been lifted.. Tomorrow is actually supposed to be fairly decent temperature wise.

I still have the extra cleaning task to do, but I did make the centers to the chocolate snowballs and did two complete stripes on the rug. Tonight I hope to get some hand quilting completed and get a good start on cleaning/tidying the sewing/craft room again (how on earth does it get that messy in there!!!).

Off to get the sandwich spread made and then a bit of putting things away.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Sheila, I am glad your mom is home.

My little sewing project turned into a big thing. After getting the paper towels (had $1 in points to apply, so they were a super good deal), I fixed myself lunch and then started sewing. Ran elastic through the back waistband of the slacks I wore today because they were falling off me. Then I decided to make new covers for our den sofa throw pillows. The new rug has blue in it, and I had some solid blue fabric, so off we go.

But there wasn't enough fabric to do anything except change the fronts, so the backs of the pillows stayed a neutral cream/tan. To do this, I had to rip the old covers apart. It turns out I sew things together REALLY well. It was an ordeal getting those four pillows taken apart, then tearing apart and fluffing up the matted stuffing, restuffing the pillows and hand-sewing them closed.

It saved at least $40 to do that, as opposed to buying dollar store throw pillows, but man. That was more than of a bite than I wanted to chew. :-D
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Glad your mom is home Sheila!