Daily Check in Dec 7, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check in Dec 7, 2022

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:02 pm Glad your mom is home Sheila!
Thanks, Clem. Now I need to gear up to talk with them about getting home delivered meals. They do NOT need to be trying to cook or worry about what is going to be cooked. My sister can fend for herself.

They're going to give me a hard time about it - the cost, etc. (there is a "suggested donation" per meal and nobody is denied due to inability to pay - I'm going to have all that paperwork sent to me and I'll take care of it) - it's no more expensive than buying groceries and in some cases, medicare will pay.

Their other option is to have my sister cook for them and complain about it the whole time. I can only offer up so many options - they're going to have to pick one.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
Sheila, that is great news about your mom. I hope your sister continues to help out. Just because your mom is home does not mean she doesn't need help and extra rest.

I straightened and put things away in the garage, it looks so much better.
Thawing several pounds of tomatoes from the crippled fridge freezer at DD's, I will work them up into sauce tomorrow. She also gave me a half thawed bag of beef stew cubes so I have them braising on the woodstove. No clue what they will become but didn't want any waste. Thinking some stroganoff and if I can remember how to make it, I used to have a recipe for something called chili Roja....we shall see.

I used some drained leftover cranberry sauce to make a cranberry cream cheese tea loaf and omg it is so fine. The liquid I drained off is frozen to be used in a ham glaze.
I did take a nap this afternoon. It was awesome LOL :lol:
Dried around the woodstove.
Laundry done, dried and will be put away before bedtime.
Need to make my Thursday list and figure out what to eat for supper. So many choices.
JCKItty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Update - had my simple and yummy supper of hash browns and toast, washed down with a cup of hot chocolate. Got the dishes washed and floor swept, folded a load of dish towels and hand towels and put them away.

Opened the mail - I got 2 Christmas cards - I haven't sent any yet. Snuggled in bed, going to look for something to festive to watch. The kiddos are coming to get the dogs for their walk in a little while.

Tomorrow is our team holiday lunch - at a Mexican place - good food. I'm feeling up to attending. Still not crazy about the white elephant gift thing - but I'll get by. Have a good night, friends.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:33 pm Greetings, frugal ones. Got my tire put on this morning then had a good day at work. I was locked out when I got home but all was forgiven fast when I realized that DD had already scooped the kitty litter and vacuumed the surrounding area (I think she is afraid I'm going to toss kitty out - I am really not - I just like to complain about her).

Rainy this evening. I'm going to make a quick supper of hash browns and toast and make an early night of it. I was awake off and on from 3:00 this morning but did manage to stay in bed and get some good dozing done.

My mom came home from the hospital today - that's really all I know about that. It's my brother's birthday - I sent him a text "Happy Birthday Baby Brother" and he said it's weird to be called baby brother when you turn 56, lol.

Off I go - I am very hungry. Have a good, safe night.
I’m glad that your mom is home.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:29 pm I am unclear as to all the changes. they added a gazillion new pieces of music in an effort to keep subscribers. But, but but, you cannot just ask them to play one song. I used to be able to say Alexa, play the song Sway. Now when I say that it's a bunch of songs in play list.in the old prime, you could download albums and create your own playlists. Now They shuffle their own music, which is not terrible, but I made my damned playlist because that's what I wanted. In other words, all requests are now in shuffle mode. In my case I can also listen to pandora play lists and so on, but if Prime music were one of my reasons for paying, I would not any more. It was just a sideline for me. I primarily have it for the TV streaming and the photo storage and delivery.
Thanks. Those changes do not sound great. I’m like you in that I like to choose particular songs, not the whole album.

Music is one of the lesser benefits for me, too. I’m also finding I don’t watch much on Prime (but I may miss it if I don’t have it). With shipping I can wait until I have $35. I assume that is still an option for free shipping. What makes me most hesitant to cancel is the photo storage. I started using it after Maggie mentioned it. Of course I still have the iCloud but for some reason I trust the Amazon storage more. I still think I’ll drop it in February. I think it is now $129.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:51 pm Thanks, Clem. Now I need to gear up to talk with them about getting home delivered meals. They do NOT need to be trying to cook or worry about what is going to be cooked. My sister can fend for herself.

They're going to give me a hard time about it - the cost, etc. (there is a "suggested donation" per meal and nobody is denied due to inability to pay - I'm going to have all that paperwork sent to me and I'll take care of it) - it's no more expensive than buying groceries and in some cases, medicare will pay.

Their other option is to have my sister cook for them and complain about it the whole time. I can only offer up so many options - they're going to have to pick one.
Medicare could also pay for Mom's Meals.