Daily Check In December 8, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check In December 8, 2022

Post by LogicsHere »

Quilter51 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:37 am Morning all

Sounds like folks are doing a little better. Logics, any update on the little one?

Nothing yet; they're still waiting for the surgery to be scheduled.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Didn't sleep well, but oh well. :?
I was up early because I just could not settle, so I started processing the frozen tomatoes and have a huge pan of sauce going on the woodstove, Holy man there is a bunch....making a simple marinara sauce and will freeze when completed. The family eats a lot of spaghetti so it will get used. I will also make a small amount of pizza sauce.

I think I will do floors this afternoon, it is mild weather for December and puppy prints are showing up again.
The house chores are few for today, so will just piddle around see what happens.
I fed the "leavings" of the tomatoes to the chickens, by the second batch I think they were tired of them lol....I have a feeling I will have volunteer tomato plants in the chicken pen next year. :lol:
Off to stir sauce and see what else I can get up into.
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m at mom’s house. I worked in the yard for an hour or so. I’m tired. I have two bags to put out for tomorrow’s pickup.

There is something going on at the “messy” house that backs up to part of mom’s house. I drove by and there was furniture outside as if someone was being evicted. But as far as I know the owner’s daughter has been living there since the owner was transferred to South Carolina. I’m going to drive by again and get the house number and look it up in the property records.

Going into Publix there was a lady in a wheelchair at the outside atm who seemed to be struggling. I asked if she needed help and she said yes. For one thing it was hard to see the screen with the sun. It turned out she was trying to withdraw more than was permitted from a credit card. Made me feel good to help her.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

You are a good person, FloridaCat. Everyday technology is really hard for a lot of people.

I am back from shopping. I dressed up a little bit to get in the Christmas spirit: wore the blouse with the barely discernable Christmas theme, also known by DH as the demented Santas hidden in the paisley, with burgundy jeans and a black cardigan with a snowflake brooch.

I managed to get the whole list accomplished on budget and threw in a little of my pocket money to buy a desk chair on sale at Office Depot. That folding chair at my little desk that kills my knees and behind is headed for the curb on the first sunny day. The chair I bought is not the prettiest one, but it was sized just right for my height and close to half price.

This year I could not find reasonably priced single ornaments -- I buy DS one every year -- but the grocery store had a set of tiny snowman salt and pepper shakers for $2.99. The only indication that they are shakers are the little holes in the top of their hats, through which I will run red string and turn them into ornaments. They are really cute.

I need to do something about supper, although nothing is appealing right now.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:02 pm You are a good person, FloridaCat. Everyday technology is really hard for a lot of people.

I am back from shopping. I dressed up a little bit to get in the Christmas spirit: wore the blouse with the barely discernable Christmas theme, also known by DH as the demented Santas hidden in the paisley, with burgundy jeans and a black cardigan with a snowflake brooch.

I managed to get the whole list accomplished on budget and threw in a little of my pocket money to buy a desk chair on sale at Office Depot. That folding chair at my little desk that kills my knees and behind is headed for the curb on the first sunny day. The chair I bought is not the prettiest one, but it was sized just right for my height and close to half price.

This year I could not find reasonably priced single ornaments -- I buy DS one every year -- but the grocery store had a set of tiny snowman salt and pepper shakers for $2.99. The only indication that they are shakers are the little holes in the top of their hats, through which I will run red string and turn them into ornaments. They are really cute.

I need to do something about supper, although nothing is appealing right now.
Thank you, Mackie. I look to you and Dutch friend as my role models.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good afternoon all

Yes I am just rolling out of bed. Didn't sleep well at all, so when I finally relaxed I decided to just stay in bed as long as possible.

Still feeling weak but haven't had another bad bout of almost throwing up - I guess you could call it. I drank Ensure for "breakfast". It is hard for me to think of anything I even want to eat. Nothing is appealing. Very weird.

So I'll just hang out here at home today. Trying to rest and get better.

Hope all have a great day.