Daily Check In December 8, 2022

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 8, 2022

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The sun shone for most of the day which is awesome. It is amazing how much that can pick a person up when they are feeling a bit down. The temperatures were awesome as well.

We may have a slight problem with Hubby's truck. It seems like it is not heating properly so might necessitate a visit to the dealer for a check up. He used my car today to run a couple of errands. He just can't take it out on the grid road to check on how many ice fishing shacks are on the water.

I got two more stripes done on the rug and the Nanaimo Bars made. I will cut those after supper and get them put into the freezer.

I started thinking that perhaps if I worked really hard on the rug first I could get it done in around a week and then I could work non stop on the hand quilting. Hmmm, something to think about. Hey I just measured the rug against mine and I think two more stripes and I can call it done. It will mean turning the remainder of the netting under and hand sewing it in place, but wow to be finished that would be awesome and give me more time to work on the quilt.

I will be putting supper in the toaster oven shortly and setting the table. I decided against the salad, will do that tomorrow and I will make a veggie in the microwave (probably corn once again).

Off to get a few things completed. Probably talk to you all again tomorrow.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:47 pm Hello all,

I went to check on Opal's food before coming over to Franki Boi and Cocoa Kitteh's house. She hadn't come out last night to eat her banana chips which were her favorite. I just knew. She crossed Rainbow Bridge last night. I've cried away the afternoon and had to pull myself together to come look after Franki and Cocoa. Franki is making me feel better. I feel like I was the worst hamster Mom in the world though. I'll miss her coming out to play and such. She was a good girl.

I am at Franki's house until tomorrow afternoon, then I'll be home. I put a container of Chili from the Freezer in the fridge to thaw out for Supper tomorrow. That always makes me feel better.

I got the DVD player hooked-up and watched Blazing Saddles just before I found Opal. That is one crazy movie. I got Airplane, another crazy, funny movie and a friend is giving me one of her copies of National Lampoon's Christmas vacation. I can't play them while I am doggo sitting as I don't see any DVD players at anyone's house. It will give me something to do when I am home when I am not puttering around.

I am watching that show, Dr. G. Medical Examiner again. It's very interesting and I love the science behind it.

Well, that is how my day has gone. One good thing? The Van started and I didn't have to bother Gary to get a ride to Franki's house. Like Jackie, our polar vortex has passed and while I have the van plugged in, it's not going to be -45C windchill causing it not to start.

That's the skinny from around here.

MJ
So sorry about Opal.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

MJ, you were a good mom to Opal. You made sure she had good food and enriching things to play with. (((Hugs))) She was getting on up there in hamster years. You gave her a safe place to land and be loved when her original family gave her up.

Clem, you have had one hell of a year. Just take care of yourself and enjoy a pajama day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:39 pm Clem,

I am sorry you are feeling so poorly. Remember to stay hydrated. If you have any Gatorade or Pedialyte make sure to drink some every couple of hours.

Stay in your jammies and just goof off for the day.

I sure hope you start feeling better!

MJ
I always keep Pedialyte in powder form on hand. I've had no appetite and everything seems to make me gag. I've been drinking Ensure to help with protein and vitamins.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:52 pm Clem, you have had such loss and illness in your life this year. I’m glad that you are taking the anti-anxiety meds. I think that sometimes they take awhile to kick in.

But I want to tell you, YOU ARE GOING TO BE OK. You will get over this recent health issue and have a brighter 2023.

Do something for yourself. Next time you go to the store, buy some flowers or a plant. Order some cute new jammies. Hug the COD. (True confessions, I have some stuffed cat pillows mom made that I hug - all the time.) (((Hugs)))
Maybe this is what I needed to get me to go back to regular doctor visits. I hate going.....
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

MJ,
Just read about Opal. oh honey, I know it's hard but you were so good to her and gave her a good life.
Take care,
JCKitty