Daily Check In January 19, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 19, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Well we are not only under fog (have been all day), we are now getting snow. Not lots, but enough that it will mean doing another dig out or perhaps just a sweep out.

I think I am getting a bit done with this winter dreariness.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

It rained hard all day and was just warm enough that it didn't freeze. I was busy all day at work - a good day. It is quiet here. DD's SO had gone to fetch her from my niece's house - it is a good 45 minute drive each way.

I was awake at 3-something this morning, up at 4-something - but I did sleep good - and enough - so it is okay.

I had less than a serving of pasta and less than a serving of soup left over - so I had them both for supper tonight. Lunch at work was a salad with added dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, cheese, beans, carrots, and homemade dressing. Trying to remember breakfast...yes, 2 homemade blueberry muffins and enough coffee for two people.

I am off to check emails and such before I get too tired. The dogs have been walked and will get another walk when the kiddos get home. Have a good night.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Evening,

Not much to offer up for today. I reminded my boss/client that I could use another review to do.

It was quite sunny and warm (61 F) and then about 3 PM the wind picked up the clouds blew in and rain came up.

All meals were from home. No leaving the house. I do need to go check my mailbox.

Have a great day,
Maggie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

casadekitty wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:25 pm Update:

So my calm morning suddenly went sideways......DD's dog suddenly had a seizure or episode ....just out of the blue.

I dropped the vacuum and commenced taking care of him...I think he had a bout of the doggie vestibular. I recognized symptoms from when my bubby dog had it in Oct 2020. So I just did what the vet told me to do then, and he is now resting quietly in my room. Not going to lie, it scared me. But I just gave him the aspirin and calmed him down, cleaned him up and just cuddled him until he settled down. I have him all settled in with blankets, food and water. He is sleeping peacefully and I am calmed down so.....

I have one more floor to do but truthfully it can wait, I want to be available for my dog and I don't want the vacuum or floor cleaner to disturb him.
I will work on my craft project and skate around on the computer.
JCKitty
Oh no....scary for you AND the poor dog. Hope he is fine.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:36 pm I’ve perhaps told this story before. Mom’s best friend’s father had a pet turkey as a child. His father killed the turkey and made his son eat it. (Is that mean or what!) For the rest of his life, mom’s friend’s father would not eat turkey. They had an alternative on Thanksgiving.
Yep...pretty darn mean.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

We have been using our own bags for groceries for years now. Stores will sell you a paper bag for 5 cents but I think they are going to stop doing that soon.