Daily Check-in January 21, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in January 21, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

Well Kansas City won.

Now the next game Eagles vs Giants. I want the Giants to win. Eagles are too good and I don't want them to potentially go against Dallas - :mrgreen:
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Well they lost, but Trevor Lawrence is the future of the NFL. Apparantly the general consensus is that last week was half as good as he can be. I have the Eagles and the Bills in the Superbowl. The Cowboys are always a bridesmaid these days.

I am considering getting a small rice cooker I feel like the dash might work if it makes two or three cups. Maybe I could make quick oats in it as well? Not a huge fan of multiple appliances but this sounds like a good one.

I agree thgat paying to get it done is getting it done and that includes when you are sharing labor. I no longer have help but once I get the budget back on track post disaster and some savings I will be hiring someone to help me clean all the places I cannot get to. And if she or he does grocery shopping even better.

Pretty sure the second game here is gonna be a debacle, but I can be surprised.

about to have a protein shake and some water for a bedtime snack. I need to work on stopping drinking a little earlier while majorly increasing my total water.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

A small rice cooker is not expensive. I got a basic one from Wal-Mart - think it was 15 dollars.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:06 pm When was your birthday, MJ? Was it yesterday? Happy Belated Birthday!!
Florida,

I turned 60 on January 19th, this past Thursday. I didn't check in on Thursday because I had doctors' appointments and other stuff (non birthday related) errands and stuff to do. By the time I got home? I fell asleep in my chair again!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:52 pm Well they lost, but Trevor Lawrence is the future of the NFL. Apparantly the general consensus is that last week was half as good as he can be. I have the Eagles and the Bills in the Superbowl. The Cowboys are always a bridesmaid these days.

I am considering getting a small rice cooker I feel like the dash might work if it makes two or three cups. Maybe I could make quick oats in it as well? Not a huge fan of multiple appliances but this sounds like a good one.

I agree thgat paying to get it done is getting it done and that includes when you are sharing labor. I no longer have help but once I get the budget back on track post disaster and some savings I will be hiring someone to help me clean all the places I cannot get to. And if she or he does grocery shopping even better.

Pretty sure the second game here is gonna be a debacle, but I can be surprised.

about to have a protein shake and some water for a bedtime snack. I need to work on stopping drinking a little earlier while majorly increasing my total water.
Quilter,

The rice cooker I was gifted with is from Amazon and is the Aroma Brand. This size cooks 4 cups which is two servings for me. I use the second serving to make a rice stir-fry day two.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.