Daily Check In January 22, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 22, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get some coffee, back very soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 22, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I did not sleep well last night, I don't know what I ate but I think it was something in the spice packet I added to the stew.... I needed to go number 1 a whole lot (like every 2 hours). I also have a slightly sore throat this morning. I will be sticking close to home for sure.

Not much happening on the old homestead, pretty boring here compared to most of you. There are two many icy patches on the ground to really move when having a walk, so I will be using the treadmill for that until spring melt. There is too much snow for me to even plan my baskets and such for springs gardening and the days have been so dull up to yesterday I have had to have lights on all day. I just feel blah this winter, that's for sure. I won't complain about the temperatures because really they haven't been that bad, we have had way worse. Even my usual aches and pains haven't been too terrible as of yet, just a few days were really ouchie. I just do not know what is wrong with me.

I do have a few tasks today. Not many, just those necessary for a well functioning upcoming week. So today I need to make my daily to do lists, take the recycle basket out and dump it, put the recycle bin at the curb, bring up the weeks food stuffs (the bit I am using from the freezers), and put away the clean dishes.

Not a lot and then I can re thread my sewing machine, put the markings on the pattern pieces, add the strips of fusible interfacing where necessary and perhaps sew a seam or three if I am very lucky. Kind of scared about this new pattern as it is a bit complicated and the wording is perhaps a little strange. Of course the pictures with the directions leave a great deal to be desired.

If I get too rattled I may just pull out the other new dress pattern I cut out and sew that one first. It seemed a bit more straight forward. Hmmm, I think I talked myself into sewing something else while I gather more information on this specific pattern. I have another dress or two tops I could be working on while doing that. I need the projects done and dusted making room for other projects.

Supper tonight is going to be a bag of the leftover ham from the freezer. I am tempted to pull out the puff pastry and make ham pasties and use up another item that has been in the fridge for a bit. Or I could use up the remaining phyllo pastry making something with the ham as the meat filling.....

Today I am grateful that we no longer have to travel to an outhouse or use what my uncle called the "honey pot" on his families homestead. Indoor plumbing is definitely a blessing.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

We're expecting rain today and at least tomorrow as well. it will be in the mid to high 30s. There is also snow added but if it remains above freezing shouldn't really amount to anything.

Got up around 6:00 this morning so feel like I"m running slightly behind.

Today I have my weekly chat with my friend. I will also do my Federal taxes as I will have all my tax information when I download one statement a bit later. This is the last year I will get a refund, small but a refund nonetheless; next year with the increased SS benefit, and interest from the CD will take me over the $25,000 threshhold causing me to have to add some taxable SS benefit into the mix. I can't do NY as yet because the forms aren't ready for download, or at least they weren't when I looked on Thursday.

I finished another row on my gold coloring page project, 3 more to go but have to do them on days when it's sunny.

Dinner tonight is leftover spaghetti and a side of green beans.

Well that's all for now. Hae a nice day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Another beautiful sunny morning in the neighborhood! Great football watching weather.

I slept okay, not as good as the other nights.

I did get woken up by noise in the kitchen. But all was well. Just the COD - MOPPING! He mopped the bathroom also.

Then of course he cooked himself some more goodies. I could smell the corn tortillas warming on the griddle. He loves those things.

Had to take the pups out at 7. Boy I wish silent pup would learn to use the pads. Then we could all sleep in - lol. Even my big girl knows how. She took to them right away. I say it was because she was a street pup and peeing on a floor would be weird. The pads supposedly have a scent that attracts them. Big girl never had an accident in the house.

The only one that would mark his territory was my Bubba. But he was the Bubba, so he was excused. I really miss him. I say no more pups, but I can see once all these have crossed and I am really old, a senior Chihuahua that needs a home would be perfect!

Have a great day

Go Dallas!!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I’m finally feeling better (not 100%) after hobbling around her since Thursday’s yard work. I’m doing the laundry that I had planned to do yesterday.

Mostly I’ll read and work on my puzzle today. I thought of going to mom’s to do some decluttering but will probably stay home.

If the weather is OK, tomorrow I’m planning a day trip to the Ringling Art Museum in Sarasota, about 45 miles south of me. The museum is free on Mondays. (There are other buildings such as the Ringling home and circus museum that are not free. Regular price is $25 plus $10 extra for the home.) I’ve been there before, the last time with mom. The grounds are beautiful, right on Sarasota Bay. My only cost will be gas. There is a $1 toll for the bridge but I have a SunPass on my car so it will be free. I’ll bring a lunch.

Have a good day everyone.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Happy Sunday Everyone! It has been a good and busy morning. Was up at 6:30, candles lit and coffee made.

I have 3 lunches made for next week - 2 are garlic parm green beans with potatoes, 1 is sweet & sour roasted tofu with the garlic parm green beans. I have two more to prepare, not sure what those will be yet.

Breakfast is going to be the last 3 homemade pancakes from the freezer and some fried potatoes. I got right to work this morning and haven't eaten yet so I'm pretty hungry.

This will be another no-spend day so I am happy about that. I hope to get to some of the "big" chores I didn't do yesterday - like washing the kitchen/great room curtains and windows - but if I don't, that is okay.

I hope you all have a good day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz