Daily Check In January 22, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In January 22, 2023

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:08 am Good Morning,
It is snowing to beat the band this morning. There was more than an inch when I left for Church. While in Church, it snowed, when I came out it was big flakes, good packing snow. I came out to more than an additional inch on the car. I prayed DS left a scraper in it. And in the front seat was a small, 6 inch one for so. The lady form the car next to me took pity on me and brushed the snow off of the car.

Then as I stopped by Dorothy Lane market (the Gourmet grocery store) and pulled my reusable bag out of the back seat, I saw a long snow brush back there. DS2 called me complaining about his cities lack of plowing. He hit a patch of ice and spun out. He got a small scratch on his car. He needed to gripe to someone.

Then I crept past a real wheel drive Lexus sedan that was having trouble climbing to slight hill at the exit. So even though I have not seen the Grand in 2 weeks, it looks like a good day to hunker down at home.

I think I will sit at the sewing machine for a bit. I need to pin one more bowl cozy then I can sew those up for the bridal shower next Saturday. I also have some quilt squares ready to sew.

Then dinner will be stroganoff.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, I thought of you when I read this story about the University of Cincinnati hospital where Damar Hamlin was treated. Impressive. I think this is your alma mater and also university where you worked.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/22/health/damar-hamlin-cardiac-arrest-hospital.html
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:37 am Maggie, I thought of you when I read this story about the University of Cincinnati hospital where Damar Hamlin was treated. Impressive. I think this is your alma mater and also university where you worked.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/22/health/damar-hamlin-cardiac-arrest-hospital.html
Yes, it is. It is a big research hospital. When I moved back to my hometown, I kept my docs associated with UC. Luckily they have a northern campus and hospital near my son's than only takes me 30 minutes to get to. Dr. Salk developed the polio vaccine here.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I had sort of made an engagement to go watch Otto this weekend, but had to skip. I didn't know that the games were on today. And yesterday was not a good day to go for the sibling. She is still going.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Boring update -

I have made all lunches for the week and a batch of muffins for the freezer. I'm brewing some decaf and getting ready to climb into bed for a movie and possible nap. Usually f I'm not asleep by 1:30 p.m., naps are counterproductive for me but I'm willing to risk it today.

Rain has stopped and things are drying up but it is overcast and gloomy.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

It was after 2 before I got to sleep last night. Consequently, I slept in way too late this morning. But up and almost done with all of the chores, animals fed watered and happy... Wood stove going and house chores almost complete.
Chili for lunch....late lunch maybe even supper LOL because I have no appetite yet.
Hope to start painting the dragonfly wings today, I want to draw them out first and just keep finding cool examples and having a hard deciding which to use. The good thing is with paint I can always change them if I feel the need.

It snowed overnight so looks a lot brighter outside, I opened the curtains just for some light.
DD and SIL are going to the next big town over this evening, asked if I wanted to go but I am going to tell them no thanks, I don't need anything and don't want to be tempted into buying anything just cause it strikes my fancy in the moment.

Off to get started again.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

My riblets are coming out yummy - to me anyway.

I know my sibling would think it is sacrilegious to use a crock pot and not make them outdoors in a grill/smoker. Oh well. I like them.

Going to break out the rice cooker and make some rice. Serve the riblets over that along with some avocado!

And ranch dressing - :mrgreen: