Daily Check In January 23, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 23, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Off getting my coffee. Back soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 23, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The start to my perhaps busiest household task day is upon me. I decided not to put the recycling out yesterday, as the bin is only about 1/4 full. I will wait two weeks to do so. I feel slightly bad about that as we pay a fee to get it picked up twice a month and there is no way the city allows you to change that. Kind of wasting money here, but would much rather not wrestle the bin to the curb in the dark of a winter's evening.

Household tasks for today are laundry, dusting, vacuuming, deep cleaning the kitchen sinks and counters, dusting the bedrooms, deep cleaning the bathroom, and cleaning/organizing one set of kitchen cupboards. I also need to wrestle the garbage bin to the curb at some point. Perhaps a bit earlier than usual.

Frugally no money will be spent today and I am hoping to get the knit top I started sewing yesterday done and dusted early this afternoon. That would allow me to set up the machine for the next knit top and perhaps even do a bit of sewing on that.

So as you notice have probably all noticed my days are regimented and follow pretty much the same pattern week in, week out, month after month and year after year. Of course, lots depends on the season and what needs to be done, but one can pretty well know what I am up to each and every day. I do wish at times I could be a bit more spontaneous, but find it difficult to leave the set pattern of my days. I wonder at times if the set pattern is what I need to remember what needs doing. Often the thought occurs to me that by writing everything out, making lists I am trying to keep my mind active and my thoughts coherent or at least have a bit of control. Oh well, one of these days I will figure out why on earth I do what I do. I am not going to lose any sleep over my compulsions.

Supper tonight is going to be some leftover chili from the chest freezer downstairs. I may serve it this time over pasta with a bit of shredded cheese to sprinkle on top.

Today I am grateful for another upcoming lovely day. It is the calm before the storm as Hubby tells me that the temperatures are supposed to drop rapidly come Saturday of this week.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,
I got up when my first alarm went off. After my shower I cleaned out my fridge before setting out my trash.

Yesterday I took advantage of the snowy day to stay home and I completed the bowl cozies, and worked on my quilt squares, making good progress. We probably got 5-6 inches yesterday. There are still some light flurries falling this morning.

I will call the body shop and see what is the status of my car.

Have a great day,
Maggie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:59 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

The start to my perhaps busiest household task day is upon me. I decided not to put the recycling out yesterday, as the bin is only about 1/4 full. I will wait two weeks to do so. I feel slightly bad about that as we pay a fee to get it picked up twice a month and there is no way the city allows you to change that. Kind of wasting money here, but would much rather not wrestle the bin to the curb in the dark of a winter's evening.

Household tasks for today are laundry, dusting, vacuuming, deep cleaning the kitchen sinks and counters, dusting the bedrooms, deep cleaning the bathroom, and cleaning/organizing one set of kitchen cupboards. I also need to wrestle the garbage bin to the curb at some point. Perhaps a bit earlier than usual.

Frugally no money will be spent today and I am hoping to get the knit top I started sewing yesterday done and dusted early this afternoon. That would allow me to set up the machine for the next knit top and perhaps even do a bit of sewing on that.

So as you notice have probably all noticed my days are regimented and follow pretty much the same pattern week in, week out, month after month and year after year. Of course, lots depends on the season and what needs to be done, but one can pretty well know what I am up to each and every day. I do wish at times I could be a bit more spontaneous, but find it difficult to leave the set pattern of my days. I wonder at times if the set pattern is what I need to remember what needs doing. Often the thought occurs to me that by writing everything out, making lists I am trying to keep my mind active and my thoughts coherent or at least have a bit of control. Oh well, one of these days I will figure out why on earth I do what I do. I am not going to lose any sleep over my compulsions.

Supper tonight is going to be some leftover chili from the chest freezer downstairs. I may serve it this time over pasta with a bit of shredded cheese to sprinkle on top.

Today I am grateful for another upcoming lovely day. It is the calm before the storm as Hubby tells me that the temperatures are supposed to drop rapidly come Saturday of this week.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie,
Some of us need more structure than others. Don't feel bad about it. The world needs all types. I am prone to periods of great unproductivity without a great plan.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Jackie, if not putting out the recycle bin is wasting money then I have wasted massive amounts of money over the past five years. I almost never put out the recycling at mom’s house and many weeks I only put out the trash once a week.

Today I’m going to the museum in Sarasota. It opens at 10. It’s a nice day. I have my lunch packed.

Last night I watched Charade with Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant and really enjoyed it. It is on Prime. I have my puzzle almost half finished, also.

Have a good day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

A rain and snow mix today but it's supposed to remain above freezing. I'm antsy in this kind of weather especially when I have somewhere to go.

Did my Federal taxes and now trying to decide whether to efile for the first time; it's not like I need the money yesterday and it's not a significant amount.

I have my Monday chat at 10:30 and my coloring group at 1:00 although the weather will determine whether I go out or not. I don't like the possibility of driving and hitting black ice even if the temp is above freezing.

On the menu for tonight is chicken fried rice.

Well that's it for now. Have a nice day.