Daily Check In January 23, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check In January 23, 2023

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

So according to the car manual it could be the gas cap, it has happened before. So I opened the compartment and reset the gas cap and then if you drive it 20 miles or so if that was the issue it should go off. I may go to the recycle depot tomorrow and then to a local store that starting tomorrow has eggs on sale for 1.99, so I may just do a circuit and see if I can make the light go out.
I think I get all anxious about it because it was my dad's car and I just feel so responsible. Dad was a mechanic and took excellent care of vehicles.
I did floors this afternoon and just got back from DD's, I took my piddly amount of trash because pick up is tomorrow morning.
Sausage sandwich and salad for supper, I am thawing a whole pork loin for slicing into tenderloins and the large end will be cut as a small roast maybe.

Off to piddle around some more and then eventually eat some supper. My biscuits were so good but can't live on just biscuits....or can you ? :mrgreen:
JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:25 pm Mackie, the Ringling had a small but nice glass collection in a light-filled gallery. But I must say that closer to home we have a wonderful glass community. We have a gallery of the well-known glass artist Dale Chihuly and actually have a whole small museum of glass called the Imagine Museum (free with passes from the library!)

https://www.imaginemuseum.com/current-exhibits/

If you like glass and sometime make it down my way we’ll go to them.
I also live within driving distance (even for me, lol) of a glass museum: https://home.cmog.org/.

People living in zip codes within so many miles can get in free so I don't know why I haven't been in years - I went with my son and his wife before they were married - and they got married in 2011.

People come from all over the wold to go there, which is part of the fun of visiting - doing some people watching. Maybe I will get there this summer.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:39 pm I also live within driving distance (even for me, lol) of a glass museum: https://home.cmog.org/.

People living in zip codes within so many miles can get in free so I don't know why I haven't been in years - I went with my son and his wife before they were married - and they got married in 2011.

People come from all over the wold to go there, which is part of the fun of visiting - doing some people watching. Maybe I will get there this summer.
We used to regularly dive I-90 on our way to Nebraska and almost stopped at that museum once. We'll have to stop the next time wee travel that way. We did make a trip to Jamestown and go to the Lucy/Desi Museum. We also went to see the carousel at different parks. I love the idea that someone created carousels that people could ride for free because he couldn't afford the price as a child.

JGomez
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

I'm like Clem today. The games yesterday in the NFL took it out of me! I guess if the Cowboys had to lose they lost to a good Kid (He's a 23-year old QB) with a great story this year. I hope Brock Purdy, the 49ers QB, will win next weekend too. It would be so fun to see him in the Super Bowl as the third string rookie QB.

I wrapped up my neighbor's birthday present and tried to deliver it. He wasn't home from work yet so I left it hanging on his doorknob. Our apartment building is very safe and secure to be able to do things like that. I'm not sure if the other 4 buildings in our apartment complex are like this. We are because almost everyone in here has lived here 10-years or more. It's a nice thing to have. For Ron's birthday I got him a unique book by James Fell (it's for sale on Amazon and a few other places because it is self-published). I belong to his facebook page and he provides a laugh everyday! Ron is a fan of history and the book is, "Sweary History, On this day Sh*T went down." It isn't for those who don't like creative profanity or profanity at all. He uses it creatively and appropriately when used. The book is filled with esoteric history that you wouldn't really find unless really digging. Every single day of the year has a history for that day. It's gotten really good reviews and I am quite certain Ron will like it. I want to borrow it when he is done reading it. If you are the tiniest bit interested in history, James Fell has a Master's degree in History and used to write for the LA times even though he lives in Calgary, Alberta.

I have to wrap Dayton's birthday present still. Her 10th birthday is today!! I remember holding her when she was just a couple of weeks old now she is a nice young girl and the sweetest, albeit sometimes stubborn, kid!! I got her a cute Disney Mug of one of the Dalmations that comes with matching socks, a can of hot chocolate mix and some mini marshmallows. I know she will share the hot chocolate and marshmallows with Emmitt and maybe Mom and Dad too!

I still haven't found the thank you notes I bought. Since I got them at Dollar Tree, I might as well just go back and buy another package. UGH!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:39 pm I also live within driving distance (even for me, lol) of a glass museum: https://home.cmog.org/.

That is a famous museum. I’d love to visit it some day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

jgomez1002 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:16 pm We used to regularly dive I-90 on our way to Nebraska and almost stopped at that museum once. We'll have to stop the next time wee travel that way. We did make a trip to Jamestown and go to the Lucy/Desi Museum. We also went to see the carousel at different parks. I love the idea that someone created carousels that people could ride for free because he couldn't afford the price as a child.

JGomez
I think the Luci/Desi Museum would be a lot of fun. I think that Jamestown may still have a “Lucy Days” annual celebration, too. A few years ago I read a book called Love, Lucy, a memoir written by Lucille Ball but not published until long after her death by her children. Really interesting.