Daily Check-in January 24, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in January 24, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Sewing completed and I pulled the two dresses to work on next. Got to keep the sewing dictionary close for these I think so I will be pulling that next.

Supper is started, well it is only warming on the stove. I decided to use up the last of the bread instead of making biscuits or dumplings. I want to bake a new loaf tomorrow so this works out great.

Off to put the handwashed items away and to refill a few containers.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I got my buttermilk-prune cake made and it smells awesome!
House chores are done and supper was chili with shredded cheese, crumbled corn chips and a dollop of sour cream. If I can have all this on chili I like it better.

Pork roast shredded and, in the fridge, it is very calm and cold out....waiting for the predicted snow.
Tomorrow is the usual house chores and craft time. If I have to shovel it will be done in short bursts because it is supposed to be the heavy wet type of snow.

Jackie, if you don't mind me asking, do you wear dresses around the house? You seem to make a lot of beautiful sounding dresses and clothes and I was just wondering. I wear a lot of skirts and dresses around the house. I figure I have them and they are comfortable so why not. I wear jeans but am so low waisted that they have a tendency to hang on my lower back sometimes causing it to ache. I wish I could wear bib overalls LOL. I have some, should start wearing them more.

Off to do whatever.
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Happy Daze, I sure hope you are going to be all right, hon. There are several nasty respiratory viruses kicking around. Tennessee is now a national hot spot for Covid, so I told my guys to wear masks again.

I got out the thrifted yarn out of the freezer (three days at zero F. ought to have killed any potential pests) and crocheted a table mat this evening while watching old Star Treks with DS. It's double thick and in varigated tones to match the rug, as it's on the den table. I got tired of the coasters being knocked off, so this is like a gigantic coaster.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:18 pm Good evening all. I feel like I'm coming down with that "croup" that I had right after Thanksgiving. I am not full on sick yet and am Slamming water, hot tea with honey & lemon, Gatorade, doing steam treatments, sleeping propped up, and I went to the pharmacy after work and got some of that amazing Mucinex Max DM - it helped me more than anything last time. I get the liquid because the pills are huge - it tastes nasty but at least there is that option.

I hope DD and her SO don't catch it this time but I do know it is very contagious. It was quite difficult the 3 or 4 days when all 3 of us were fully down. I wasn't feeling fully right for 3 full weeks - so not happy to see this return. Time to go back to wearing a mask when out and about.

We got snow Sunday night into yesterday - today nothing. I am hearing buzz about a winter weather advisory from 7 a.m. tomorrow to 1:00 p.m. Thursday. YUCK. But you know, it is the season - what can you expect in NY in January - so I try to roll with it and appreciate that it can be pretty.

I am staying up till 9:00 so I can take the Mucinex again. I have had supper (vegan sloppy joe and broccoli) and the dogs are waiting patiently for DD and her SO to come walk them - but that doesn't happen till between 7:30 and 8:30 - tires them out good and a later potty run means more sleep for me.

Off to check emails and whatnot. Hope you have all had a good day.
Oh no! I SO hope this isn't the same thing you had before. My granddaughters say that half their teachers are out.
Get as much rest as you can.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

icfrugal2 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:10 pm bad news on DH's toe, he is going to lose it :|

We feel blindsided by the news.

The infection DR called yesterday, she is letting us have the infusion antibiotics until Feb 8 2023 then, I guess that there is a decision to be made.

we arent happy (DUH)

But we had talked to The Hanger Clinic" where DH gets his prosthetic, and there are things that they can
do.

DH says that as long as he can use a walker and not have to be in a wheelchair he will be ok. Man, I have to give him credit. not happy, but and ...

Big Smile, an ice cream truck came down the street yesterday :lol: I didn't see anyone buying any ice cream, but I did see lots of smiles.

a neighbor dropped by yesterday, her dogs just died, one in Dec 2022 and the other yesterday, she was beyond herself. The dogs were littermates and about 15 years old, but as we all know none of that matters, her heart is broken.

IC
Oh that is just awful news. You have worked so hard to get rid of this infection. I am so sorry. Praying the news on Feb.8th is better than expected.
So sorry about your neighbors dogs. So hard to lose both of them.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

It's snowing. I had to run to my car and just threw on my poncho because I didn't know how cold it had gotten . Big fat flakes cause it's in the thirties. Bah humbug times twenty.

Going to pickup and do whatever it is I'm going to do in bed. May need to consider a tv in my room.

Mackie, I putmini quilts on my coffe tables and side tables and everything. I just makem without white and throw em in the wash as needed. Bern going it for years so I don't have to have coasters and to add to the decor.