Daily Check-in January 24, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in January 24, 2023

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:57 am I slept until 7:33 this morning, but I am having trouble getting going.

My garbage and trash is gathered and out.

I want to take advantage of the Affordable connectivity program, but at the same time I don’t want to lose my SafeLink phone service. Though I bet the dollar amounts are close to the same if not better for the phone. I used to buy a card for unlimited minutes and 5mb of data. During the pandemic emergency I haven’t had to. So I am not sure. I only have the one phone.

I spent the morning looking for some information, I finally found it after 1 1/2 hours of looking. It had slipped under a bin in the cabinet where I keep it.

That took most of my morning. I need to find out more before I do anything.

All the information I have seen is more than the phone would cost me even when I have to buy minutes again.

So right now it look like if I can have phone from SafeLink or a discount on my Internet I will take SafeLink.

Penny
Penny, I think that you may be able to get both. Is Safelink the same as Lifeline? I think so. My uncle received Safelink. Here is the info from the FCC so it is official.

https://www.fcc.gov/affordable-connectivity-program-consumer-faq
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:18 am Jackie, did you have an accident with another finger or is this the one that was badly cut a while back?

Good morning, frugal friends. I slept better last night and feel better today. Our old Ollie Cat is in my lap making biscuits on my fluffy robe. He and Dora Kitty had their morning exercise, which is a cross between tai chi and professional wrestling, so there's cat hair all over the living room floor.

Today's laundry day and grocery list day. Might do some dusting. Tomorrow I have an appointment with an allergy clinic for testing regarding my childhood penicillin allergy, which apparently can go away. I said fine, just be sure to not kill me while doing this. :-D

It's slightly overcast today. Have not checked the forecast to see if the threat of snow is still out there.

Hope you all have a safe and peaceful day.
This finger has been bothering me for awhile. It seems to have developed a kind of trigger finger type injury. When I do too many things that use a repetitive movement (like knitting), it seizes up and it hurts to straighten it. I have been massaging it daily lately and that seems to help a little.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I got two more cupboards cleaned out and organized. Looking pretty good. Tomorrow I plan on doing another 2 plus clean the stove top.

Off to do some sewing (should finish the top today) and watch the newest episode of the newest season of Happy Valley, and then move on to the last episode of Cold Call.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’m home from mom’s house. Instead of working in the yard I went through one of the bedroom closets again and found more to donate and toss. The biggest clutter items I still have there are Christmas and sewing.

Mail person left me a note and said she delivered all she had for me. I have the feeling that my mail was put in the wrong box. I can replace everything online except the HOA letter. I called my friend on the Board and it is about the annual meeting next month and she will drop by the info at my front door. In my note to the postal lady I also asked why I no longer received the grocery ads. She didn’t know but gave me a number to call. I like to have the physical ads.

Now back to my puzzle. I want to finish it so I can return it to the library on Friday.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:55 pm I am so sorry to hear this, IC. You and your DH have worked so hard on the infusion. I hope he can use a walker.
Thank you, he's been using a walker since he lost his foot in Jan 2020, he just doesn't want to go "backward" to a wheelchair.

The nurse is here this morning, taking blood ect

he's talking to her like losing his toe isn't going to happen.

Maybe they will let us continue with wound care, but the concern is that he may get a bone or blood infection again.

IC
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

IC, so sorry to hear about hubby's situation. And the neighbors dogs, just so sad to hear.

I reseated the gas cap and drove a 20-mile circuit this morning but the check engine light is still on, so I guess it gets checked out on Tuesday :(

I went to the store with the eggs on sale and got 5 dozen, some for family also. I have 1 dozen boiled for myself here at home.

I have some house chores to complete, have already sliced and frozen 18 pork tenderloins. I also have a piece of pork going on the woodstove...will make Yankee noodles with some and some will get BBQ sauce added for sandwiches. Not a lot of either one.

Have been trying to keep up with the predicted snow we are supposed to get tomorrow. I do think I am as prepped as I can get.

Jackie, I have a small toaster oven and I can make 8 good sized biscuits on my tray. I just halve my 2-c flour recipe and it works great.
I might make a prune-buttermilk cake today, I will probably halve the recipe.
Off to hang the laundry that is finishing now.
JCKitty