Daily Check-in January 24, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in January 24, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:04 pm Hello friends.

I’m home from mom’s house. Instead of working in the yard I went through one of the bedroom closets again and found more to donate and toss. The biggest clutter items I still have there are Christmas and sewing.

Mail person left me a note and said she delivered all she had for me. I have the feeling that my mail was put in the wrong box. I can replace everything online except the HOA letter. I called my friend on the Board and it is about the annual meeting next month and she will drop by the info at my front door. In my note to the postal lady I also asked why I no longer received the grocery ads. She didn’t know but gave me a number to call. I like to have the physical ads.

Now back to my puzzle. I want to finish it so I can return it to the library on Friday.
Our local IGA store used to mail out ads weekly - every Tuesday. But they switched to an app now.

No more paper ads. But if they did that there - she would have known - I think :?:
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:33 pm Our local IGA store used to mail out ads weekly - every Tuesday. But they switched to an app now.

No more paper ads. But if they did that there - she would have known - I think :?:
For several months I thought that the paper ads had been discontinued but then I saw the postal person with them at the mailbox and asked her for a set a few weeks ago. I did not realize until today that the wrapper has a home address on it. I called the phone number today and gave them my address.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:16 pm For several months I thought that the paper ads had been discontinued but then I saw the postal person with them at the mailbox and asked her for a set a few weeks ago. I did not realize until today that the wrapper has a home address on it. I called the phone number today and gave them my address.
yes I do miss the weekly ads. I will get a prompt to view the app weekly, but it isn't the same.

And on the app is where you add the specials - the free water or 99 cent eggs - if you spend more than ten dollars. But the checkers will help if you don't have it.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

[quoteby floridacatlover » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:57 pm

itspennyc wrote: ↑Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:57 am
I slept until 7:33 this morning, but I am having trouble getting going.

My garbage and trash is gathered and out.

I want to take advantage of the Affordable connectivity program, but at the same time I don’t want to lose my SafeLink phone service. Though I bet the dollar amounts are close to the same if not better for the phone. I used to buy a card for unlimited minutes and 5mb of data. During the pandemic emergency I haven’t had to. So I am not sure. I only have the one phone.

I spent the morning looking for some information, I finally found it after 1 1/2 hours of looking. It had slipped under a bin in the cabinet where I keep it.

That took most of my morning. I need to find out more before I do anything.

All the information I have seen is more than the phone would cost me even when I have to buy minutes again.

So right now it look like if I can have phone from SafeLink or a discount on my Internet I will take SafeLink.

Penny
Penny, I think that you may be able to get both. Is Safelink the same as Lifeline? I think so. My uncle received Safelink. Here is the info from the FCC so it is official.

https://www.fcc.gov/affordable-connectivity-program-consumer-faq][/quote]

I already have both, if I switched it to my home internet I would then have to pay for the phone. I am not sure which would be cost effective. Right now I pay nothing for my phone. I don't know how much the phone would be without both. I didn't have time this afternoon to check.

I can't call tomorrow morning as I have an eye doctor appointment.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Still nice and sunny here in south texas.

Wonder how much rain we had. We sure did need it.

It is beautiful out there!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good evening all. I feel like I'm coming down with that "croup" that I had right after Thanksgiving. I am not full on sick yet and am Slamming water, hot tea with honey & lemon, Gatorade, doing steam treatments, sleeping propped up, and I went to the pharmacy after work and got some of that amazing Mucinex Max DM - it helped me more than anything last time. I get the liquid because the pills are huge - it tastes nasty but at least there is that option.

I hope DD and her SO don't catch it this time but I do know it is very contagious. It was quite difficult the 3 or 4 days when all 3 of us were fully down. I wasn't feeling fully right for 3 full weeks - so not happy to see this return. Time to go back to wearing a mask when out and about.

We got snow Sunday night into yesterday - today nothing. I am hearing buzz about a winter weather advisory from 7 a.m. tomorrow to 1:00 p.m. Thursday. YUCK. But you know, it is the season - what can you expect in NY in January - so I try to roll with it and appreciate that it can be pretty.

I am staying up till 9:00 so I can take the Mucinex again. I have had supper (vegan sloppy joe and broccoli) and the dogs are waiting patiently for DD and her SO to come walk them - but that doesn't happen till between 7:30 and 8:30 - tires them out good and a later potty run means more sleep for me.

Off to check emails and whatnot. Hope you have all had a good day.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz